Page 147 of 696 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 147

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    There are about 6 manhole covers that someone dumped in a creek near me. I want them for my garden. Getting them would involve getting them out of the creek and up a steep bank, through the woods and into the truck. They weigh 150-200lbs each. (I swear I'm gonna figure this out, though.)
    they roll... LHT here you come
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I'm bummed that Trader Joe's hasn't been carrying their dry roasted pecan pieces; while I used them sparingly, they added a great touch in a couple favorite recipes. Is there a nut shortage we haven't heard about?
    Yes, big pecan shortage. Very popular in China. Used medicinally. Saw a package here, at Safeway, for $35. I just check these things.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    There are about 6 manhole covers that someone dumped in a creek near me. I want them for my garden. Getting them would involve getting them out of the creek and up a steep bank, through the woods and into the truck. They weigh 150-200lbs each. (I swear I'm gonna figure this out, though.)
    Can you maybe hook a chain through the holes, hook it to the tow hitch and drag them up?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Can you maybe hook a chain through the holes, hook it to the tow hitch and drag them up?
    They're in a pretty remote location. I'd have to get the to somewhere that a vehicle could get to first. They've likely been there for a long time. There's an access road for trucks going back to change billboards. We may be able to get them to open the gate to the access road to get closer, but we'd still have to get them up the rather steep side. We're gonna go look for an easy spot to get them out tomorrow. It may work with a hand truck.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    they roll... LHT here you come
    Oh yeah . . . my boyfriend, who is only primal by association, too. I've volunteered him to help me pick up some big-ass limestone rocks as well. I'm doing all the shoveling and pick-axing to make a miniature version of this in the front yard.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Here in Canada, the manhole covers can be lifted by children. Either the covers are lighter down here or you need to workout more.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    They're in a pretty remote location. I'd have to get the to somewhere that a vehicle could get to first. They've likely been there for a long time. There's an access road for trucks going back to change billboards. We may be able to get them to open the gate to the access road to get closer, but we'd still have to get them up the rather steep side. We're gonna go look for an easy spot to get them out tomorrow. It may work with a hand truck.
    Maybe a come-along too?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Maybe a come-along too?
    Ah, had to look it up. We were thinking about a winch of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Either the covers are lighter down here or you need to workout more
    They can weigh up to 300lbs here. That'd be some burly-ass children. Getting them out of the creek will be a hell of a work out. By the end of this summer I should be about muscle bound, between that and all the digging (clay) and soil building I have lined up.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    my father in law is staying for the weekend. he feels it necessary to indoctrinate my children while he's here. i'm trying to see the love rather than the actions.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I foolishly ate an entire bag of lays with reese's peanut butter cups and some fancy expensive chocolate. It was a carb refeed gone wrong. I'll be sick tomorrow.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.