Page 146 of 696 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 146

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    GotD: Last summer the power company basically mowed and ripped up the ground in their right-of-way in our local park and in doing so, destroyed what would have been a beautiful crop of wild blackberries. The plants have come back, but have no blooms on them this year and the mowing/ripping also seemed to have invited other weeds to grow thicker so it's difficult to get to the plants.

swalker is offline Member
    PLEASE, for the love of God, talk faster and be direct. I am one person.. I take calls and answer email for 2 radio stations and 2 tv stations. I can not be on the phone with one person for 5 minutes while you tell me who and why you ordered a celtic thunder dvd for last December. I am glad you are excited they are coming back. I really really am, but odds are when you call me I have a list of twenty other things to do.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I only have 8-9 hours in my workday. If you want something by a deadline, tell me. Otherwise, I'll get the hardest stuff off my plate first. This whole deadline-of-yesterday-would-be-nice ain't gonna cut it longterm.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    GotD: Last summer the power company basically mowed and ripped up the ground in their right-of-way in our local park and in doing so, destroyed what would have been a beautiful crop of wild blackberries. The plants have come back, but have no blooms on them this year and the mowing/ripping also seemed to have invited other weeds to grow thicker so it's difficult to get to the plants.
    Don't worry - blackberries (and related plants, like raspberries) only fruit on second-year vines/canes. Next year you will have a good crop. Blackberries are extremely hard to kill and probably within 3-4 years they'll have taught those other weeds who's boss.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Oh, high heels -- that'll be my GOTD. I'm not a high-heel wearer myself but it really baffles me why women put themselves through that. I've seen two coworkers so far today tottering around on high heels. One was merely unstable and looked terribly awkward. The other was actually limping. I know people are willing to be uncomfortable for the sake of fashion... but what on earth is sexy about staggering around like a newborn giraffe?
    Lol, i hate raptor walk. I don't know how many models i've had to teach how to just STAND right in heels, let alone walk properly. If you're having trouble walking in heels, it's usually one of the following:
    1. They're just too fucking high and your center of gravity is thrown out too much
    2. You're not letting your hips swing as you walk
    3. Weak ankles. Wibble wobble!
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    birds who eat my strawberry plants!!!!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Lol, i hate raptor walk. I don't know how many models i've had to teach how to just STAND right in heels, let alone walk properly. If you're having trouble walking in heels, it's usually one of the following:
    1. They're just too fucking high and your center of gravity is thrown out too much
    2. You're not letting your hips swing as you walk
    3. Weak ankles. Wibble wobble!
    Maybe that needs to be my new profession-High Heeled Walker Instructor
    Georgette

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Maybe that needs to be my new profession-High Heeled Walker Instructor
    It's not hard, just some girls refuse to swing as they walk, cos it's 'slutty'. Fine, walk like a raptor then.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Living in a place with very little access to a solid primal foods diet and having WAY to many temptations to sugary-grainy things. I WANT to eat well and this is making it VERY hard. Grr.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    There are about 6 manhole covers that someone dumped in a creek near me. I want them for my garden. Getting them would involve getting them out of the creek and up a steep bank, through the woods and into the truck. They weigh 150-200lbs each. (I swear I'm gonna figure this out, though.)