Page 140 of 696 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 140

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Somebody's right to smoke stops where my right to breathe starts. That's not judging, that's looking out for my health.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Somebody's right to smoke stops where my right to breathe starts. That's not judging, that's looking out for my health.
    Because one plume of smoke will kill you and/or give you cancer
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Because one plume of smoke will kill you and/or give you cancer
    Have fun playing with your strawman doll, kenn

Have fun playing with your strawman doll, kenn
    you're funny, you have no idea how condescending you come off in the forums

*cue herd response*
    Last edited by kenn; 06-16-2011 at 10:14 PM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Now wiping the spray off of my monitor...

Pass me the mindbleach when you're done with it, Canio6.
    *passes you what is left of the bleach*

Smokers...yeah, as long as it is not inside, I don't generally care. Though I do think people with little monsters for children should not be allowed to take them into public places - restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Quiet, well behaved children are fine, but those little shitbags who want to do nothing but scream, throw food, and kick the back of your chair...yeah, they should be illegal and their parents sterilized.

(I'm kidding to an extent. Illegal is far too strong a word, but they do irritate the piss out of me.)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    someone has a chip on his shoulder. i agree with paleo (surprised?) if someone else wants to put that crap in their body, that's fine with me. just do it somewhere else so my kids and i don't have to walk through it. shit like that can trigger an asthma attack, and the smell clings to your clothes. gross.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    *passes you what is left of the bleach*

Smokers...yeah, as long as it is not inside, I don't generally care. Though I do think people with little monsters for children should not be allowed to take them into public places - restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Quiet, well behaved children are fine, but those little shitbags who want to do nothing but scream, throw food, and kick the back of your chair...yeah, they should be illegal and their parents sterilized.

(I'm kidding to an extent. Illegal is far too strong a word, but they do irritate the piss out of me.)
    To the gallows!!!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Because one plume of smoke will kill you
    It nearly did when I was much younger: I was an asthmatic with acute bronchitis, a mild allergy to cigarette smoke, and damn near walking pneumonia the summer I was 10 or so. I walked through a crowd and passed by the happy assholes who were smoking. I started hacking up a lung, blacked out, hit the deck, and apparently kept coughing, including coughing up blood. Gave myself a nice concussion when hit the deck.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. No one has the right to force me to smoke, when I have intentionally chosen not to smoke!
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    GOTD: Fucking right handed world. I need a lefty engineering scale. I've been using my heirloom righty scale, but this ain't cutting it. I need a lefty scale and they don't exist. The office is just now getting around to buying smear proof pens, including the archival ones that I'm required to write in the field note books with. The first page of every field project is one giant smear because of the pens they do have. I place my trashcan and recycling box on the left side of my desk every morning and every evening the damn cleaning crew moves it to the right side of my desk.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome