Page 138 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 138

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    To be fair, I have never gone into best buy and said, "Huh, I would really like a box of candy to go along with this new router." I am sure they looked at some kind of market research that said, "Sell candy. They will buy it." So it is a two way street of blame - them for sticking it there in teh first place and people in general for buying the crap.
    businesses don't stay in business by trying to sell goods people won't buy
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Disappointed in how Vancouver looks now. Stupid thugs ruined it for the real fans.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    businesses don't stay in business by trying to sell goods people won't buy
    Agreed. I am not arguing that, but sometimes supply creates the demand. At least that has been my experience. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if one is assigning arbitrary blame some goes to the supplier.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Agreed. I am not arguing that, but sometimes supply creates the demand. At least that has been my experience. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if one is assigning arbitrary blame some goes to the supplier.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Looks Legit
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I accidentally spilled a mixture of butter, olive oil and steak juice on my sheets when I tore through a particularly difficult chunk of meat.
    My head went up (with a mouthful of steak), my hands went down and my plate went splash.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Paleobird Guest
    GOTD: Smokers who congregate outside of public buildings getting their jones on while creating clouds of toxic nastiness that anyone else just trying to use the public sidewalk has to get through while trying not to inhale. Bleh!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    GOTD: Smokers who congregate outside of public buildings getting their jones on while creating clouds of toxic nastiness that anyone else just trying to use the public sidewalk has to get through while trying not to inhale. Bleh!
    I once shoved someone into oncoming traffic for that.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I accidentally spilled a mixture of butter, olive oil and steak juice on my sheets when I tore through a particularly difficult chunk of meat.
    My head went up (with a mouthful of steak), my hands went down and my plate went splash.
    Epic primal fail!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    One of the best by-laws passed here in the last 5 years has been to ban smoking within 3 m (about 10 feet) of any public doorway (including restaurants). It's cut down a lot on people "just stepping out for a smoke" into an area where there's a lot of foot traffic.