Page 137 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 137

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I believe the darker the fruit or veg the more carotenoids, so leafy greens, peppers, tomatoes all should help as well. That's the theory anyhow. Berries are about the only fruit I can eat these days and sweet potatoes the only starch, so I tend to eat more of them.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I believe the darker the fruit or veg the more carotenoids, so leafy greens, peppers, tomatoes all should help as well. That's the theory anyhow. Berries are about the only fruit I can eat these days and sweet potatoes the only starch, so I tend to eat more of them.
    I've always ate those things but regardless, I think I just have a natural disposition to burn easily. I did read more into using coconut oil for sun burns and I have a little at my desk here in the office and put it on the places I can decently reach without looking like a freak and those areas feel instantly better. Need to get a jar tonight and see where that gets me.
    Georgette

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    gotd: You can't even buy a brassiere without having to face down chocolate bars at the checkout counters. There is no escaping sugar at every turn. Damn the greedy-bastard syndrome.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Stupid, fracking woman at work - always wants to do things her way, even if another way is easier for everyone else. She shoots everyone's suggestions down. Stupid _____(insert word here). We have to record statistics for the office and there is a shared network drive, but will she put the forms on there? NOOOOOooooo. We have to go to someone else's PC and enter them there.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    gotd: You can't even buy a brassiere without having to face down chocolate bars at the checkout counters. There is no escaping sugar at every turn. Damn the greedy-bastard syndrome.
    This is so true! Even places like Best Buy now have a maze of candy a customer must navigate before checking out. I just wanted a printer cartridge, stop putting candy in my face!

Stay strong!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    This is so true! Even places like Best Buy now have a maze of candy a customer must navigate before checking out. I just wanted a printer cartridge, stop putting candy in my face!

Stay strong!
    Look for aisles labeled "family friendly". No candy, and no Cosmo. If you have a weakness for earbuds, iTunes cards or hair elastics you're out of luck, though.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    ugh. i just found a bite on my leg that's looking like it might get nasty. i don't remember being bit.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    Look for aisles labeled "family friendly". No candy, and no Cosmo. If you have a weakness for earbuds, iTunes cards or hair elastics you're out of luck, though.
    So that's what that sign means.

GotD: My office has been having construction done, and today they're painting and staining. It freaking reeks in here! At least it's an extra incentive (and an excuse if the boss asks) to go walk around outside.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    that's right blame the business, not the customers
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    that's right blame the business, not the customers
    To be fair, I have never gone into best buy and said, "Huh, I would really like a box of candy to go along with this new router." I am sure they looked at some kind of market research that said, "Sell candy. They will buy it." So it is a two way street of blame - them for sticking it there in teh first place and people in general for buying the crap.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony