Page 128 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 128

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Replacing my old gripe: GERMANS TAN QUITE EASILY! I KNOW QUITE A FEW GERMANS WHO LOOK ALMOST NATIVE!!! MY TANNING GENE COMES FROM MY GERMAN SIDE!!!
    I'm German/entire British Isles with a hint of American Indian. I don't tan. I need your genes dammit!
    Georgette

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Replacing my old gripe: GERMANS TAN QUITE EASILY! I KNOW QUITE A FEW GERMANS WHO LOOK ALMOST NATIVE!!! MY TANNING GENE COMES FROM MY GERMAN SIDE!!!
    Like everything else, it depends. I'm Irish. Most people say "oh I'm Irish, I don't tan" BUT, my Irish genes make me tan quite well. But then, I'm Black Irish, so I didn't get the red hair/green eyes/freckles Irish Genes, I got the brown hair/blue eyes/tans well Irish genes.

Some Germans tan well. Some Germans don't tan at all. Just because your ancestors share a common country doesn't mean they share a common genetic heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Like everything else, it depends. I'm Irish. Most people say "oh I'm Irish, I don't tan" BUT, my Irish genes make me tan quite well. But then, I'm Black Irish, so I didn't get the red hair/green eyes/freckles Irish Genes, I got the brown hair/blue eyes/tans well Irish genes.

Some Germans tan well. Some Germans don't tan at all. Just because your ancestors share a common country doesn't mean they share a common genetic heritage.
    I'm the only person in my family that doesn't get tanned easily. Is the suck
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm the only person in my family that doesn't get tanned easily. Is the suck
    I hate to say it, because it's said so often, but have you checked your vitamin D levels? Depending on where I go, I either tan great, or don't tan at all. In Ohio, I don't tan. I've started supplementing with Vit D3 and within a week was starting to tan. Pale skin is something that we evolved to make us get more Vit D in areas that have poor sun strength, so it is logical that if you aren't getting enough D that your body won't allow your skin to tan.

Just a thought, and if your D levels are fine, it might well just be an odd genetic curveball. In that case, either embrace your whiteness or get a good spray tan.

I hate to say it, because it's said so often, but have you checked your vitamin D levels? Depending on where I go, I either tan great, or don't tan at all. In Ohio, I don't tan. I've started supplementing with Vit D3 and within a week was starting to tan. Pale skin is something that we evolved to make us get more Vit D in areas that have poor sun strength, so it is logical that if you aren't getting enough D that your body won't allow your skin to tan.

Just a thought, and if your D levels are fine, it might well just be an odd genetic curveball. In that case, either embrace your whiteness or get a good spray tan.
    I can't check the levels until Sept/Oct but I take in about 5000 IU's vit D3 on sunny days and 10000 IU's on cloudy days. I have a slight farmers tan on my forearms from driving but that's it.
    Georgette

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Periquin, you must cultivate the skill of annoyability. It is like a prickly flower that only grows when you poke yourself on its thorns.
    Hi, Jenny, hope hurtful things stop for you.

To your listed quote: Are you advising me how to become better and fit in more, or are you commenting on the high degree of skill that I have attained? Either way, Thanks.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    But then, I'm Black Irish, so I didn't get the red hair/green eyes/freckles Irish Genes, I got the brown hair/blue eyes/tans well Irish genes.
    I think that's a Spanish connection from wayyyy back in Ireland's history. I believe Charles II (well one of the charleses anyway, wasn't paying enough attention) was described as a 'tall black man'.

I had a 'black Irish' dentist once, omg he was gorgeous. Like Bryan Ferry only better looking and not sleazy.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Hi, Jenny, hope hurtful things stop for you.

To your listed quote: Are you advising me how to become better and fit in more, or are you commenting on the high degree of skill that I have attained? Either way, Thanks.
    Thanks Periquin! It will heal, eventually. But meanwhile I am damn gripey. (gripy? Engripenated? gripe-enabled? Pro-gripe?)

Just making a facetious suggestion since you seemed so disappointed to have no gripes. in actuality, I'm happy for you.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    Like Bryan Ferry only better looking and not sleazy.
    I... I think I love you. Bryan Ferry would be GORGEOUS if he didn't come across as... so pervy. Also, Brian Eno would be SO ugly if he didn't come across as so awesome...

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenny: I know that you were being kinda silly, and I tried to do the same.

I just had to come up with a gripe to fit in with the cool kids.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha