Page 124 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 124

keithmo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm an "all weather bike commuter", but this has been a particularly nasty spring here in the Pacific NorthWET. I'm so sick and tired of the cold, rainy weather, but that's not my gripe.

GOTD: We get some nice, warm, sunny weather, and I sprain my wrist so badly I can't ride. I've been off the bike for 2 weeks -- I tried a short ride yesterday, but it's still much too painful. More time off the bike, more time to heal. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Canucks got whipped tonight. *cries* Oh well we're still ahead anyway...
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Canucks got whipped tonight. *cries* Oh well we're still ahead anyway...
    At least your team made the Cup. The Stars pulled a move nearly all Dallas teams are famous for: make it into the playoffs by hook or by crook and then lay down and play dead.
    FCDallas seems to be finally getting in the groove. With that record (6-4-4 W-L-T) and the season just starting, I think they stand a fighting chance.

My gripe: An ex of mine reappeared via facebook. He's suicidal but refuses to take any help or talk to anyone. He was depressed and that way when we dated back in HS. I have a pretty good idea of how deep the rabbit hole goes, as I can only surmise it's gotten deeper for him since I graduated. I want to help him, 'cause that darkness is not a fun place. You ever tried to lead a mule to water?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

redberry is offline Junior Member
    GOTD: Posted some pictures last night on Facebook of the Memorial Day cookout I went to. One of my friends wasn't thrilled about one I put up of her, enough she's not doing anything odd/grotesque/embarassing what have you. She seemed to have laughed it off anyway, what with the compulsory 'lol' and the like. I then get a message from her daughter later that night attempting to ream me out over not taking the photo down. Even though the friend (the mother) never asked me to. Wth?
    5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
    5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

Goal: 120ish

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I'd be curious how the daughter would react to a reasonable "So I take it you or your mom now want me to take the photo down? Because she hadn't asked me to, so this is a surprise."

Oh wait, this is Facebook -- overreactions are the default! http://failbook.failblog.org/

redberry is offline Junior Member
    That indeed is a good retort. I copy and pasted the message and sent it to my friend (the mom) and asked if she would care to address it. We'll see what happens. I agree that overreactions are almost expected on FB, which is why I try to limit my posts and whatnot. Oh, and awesome link btw, I needed that! ^_^
    5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
    5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

Goal: 120ish

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    At least your team made the Cup. The Stars pulled a move nearly all Dallas teams are famous for: make it into the playoffs by hook or by crook and then lay down and play dead.
    FCDallas seems to be finally getting in the groove. With that record (6-4-4 W-L-T) and the season just starting, I think they stand a fighting chance.

My gripe: An ex of mine reappeared via facebook. He's suicidal but refuses to take any help or talk to anyone. He was depressed and that way when we dated back in HS. I have a pretty good idea of how deep the rabbit hole goes, as I can only surmise it's gotten deeper for him since I graduated. I want to help him, 'cause that darkness is not a fun place. You ever tried to lead a mule to water?
    Our whole city is on this like mad...it's the first time we've made the finals in 17 years.
    Last time we lost the finals, there was a city riot. Yeaaah, we really like hockey.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    alright, when you advise adding soy based foods to help reverse endometriosis, WHICH IS A ESTROGEN CAUSED DISEASE you get your book closed and done with. Seriously. Soy? SOY? are you freaking kidding me with this?

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Alright, my gripe is when the same person says, "all that bacon is going to kill you", and then they complain when they eat a pastry, saying "oh, this is so bad for me".

Come on. I know lean meats and vegetables work for some people... but vilifying both carbs and fats doesn't make sense. This happens a lot, although humorously half the time it's a bagel and they feel bad about the butter.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubleYoo View Post
    Alright, my gripe is when the same person says, "all that bacon is going to kill you", and then they complain when they eat a pastry, saying "oh, this is so bad for me".

Come on. I know lean meats and vegetables work for some people... but vilifying both carbs and fats doesn't make sense. This happens a lot, although humorously half the time it's a bagel and they feel bad about the butter.
    As my signature says & this is also my general gripe: any given day....
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism