Page 120 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 120

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    this is a way out there thought.... I understand that Gelatin stops bleeding. Perhaps with a bit of research you coudl try packing it with dry gelatin to see if it would close up and stay closed. you would want to use a super good quality gelatin but....

I woudl follwo that blog :-)
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    It's actually not bleeding right now, so that's nice. Currently they're trying some silver alginate dressings which as I understand it do pretty well for wounds -- hopefully this will be the magic Dumbo feather to make it seal for good this time! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Someone I know said on their stupid fb page that all these lazy unemployed people are living off our taxes and having fun. Um, F*** you! My DH has been under/unemployed since being laid off 2 years ago. We've used every contact and resource we have to no avail. He finally got a job waiting tables from my mother's hairdresser (he was a banquet manager at a 1st rate country club). Oh yeah, we've remodified our loan which was the worst bureaucratic experience of my life. We have made it work, never missing a bill, can't sell our house bc that market sucks too. There is no escape and we have to practice some deep emotional, mental, spiritual shit to keep it all together. LAZY? HAVING FUN?

I dream of the day when we can get out of debt, have a family (we are 36), and NEVER EVER buy into this nightmare of an American Debt Dream. I hate people who make 6 figures and look down at the people out here working their asses off to just get by. I am educated, certified all that jazz as is my husband. We aren't lazy and this ain't fun!

oh well, Brighter days! YouTube - ‪Cajmere Feat. Dajae - Brighter Days (Original Mix)‬‏

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's actually not bleeding right now, so that's nice. Currently they're trying some silver alginate dressings which as I understand it do pretty well for wounds -- hopefully this will be the magic Dumbo feather to make it seal for good this time! Thanks for the suggestion though.
    As a plastic surgery nurse, I can vouch for the silver alginate, it's bloody good stuff. The repeated dehiscence is a bit of a worry though, you're right that the primal diet must be helping you out as I see some pretty nasty infections from dehisced wounds.
    Have you heard of or tried Arnica? I used the sub-lingual pills when I had both my caesers and they healed in record time.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear!! Arnica, hmm... I'm hesitant to mess with it while breastfeeding due to potential toxicity. Maybe if this is still happening later...

Kymma, I think a lot of people have basically NO perspective on what it's like to be truly desperate. I'm sympathetic!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Someone I know said on their stupid fb page that all these lazy unemployed people are living off our taxes and having fun. Um, F*** you! My DH has been under/unemployed since being laid off 2 years ago. We've used every contact and resource we have to no avail. He finally got a job waiting tables from my mother's hairdresser (he was a banquet manager at a 1st rate country club). Oh yeah, we've remodified our loan which was the worst bureaucratic experience of my life. We have made it work, never missing a bill, can't sell our house bc that market sucks too. There is no escape and we have to practice some deep emotional, mental, spiritual shit to keep it all together. LAZY? HAVING FUN?

I dream of the day when we can get out of debt, have a family (we are 36), and NEVER EVER buy into this nightmare of an American Debt Dream. I hate people who make 6 figures and look down at the people out here working their asses off to just get by. I am educated, certified all that jazz as is my husband. We aren't lazy and this ain't fun!

oh well, Brighter days! YouTube - ‪Cajmere Feat. Dajae - Brighter Days (Original Mix)‬‏
    I feel your pain. I was laid off from an amazing job with a truly amazing company back in 08 and its been financial hell ever since. I am now essentially under employed from that position. It's truly difficult and I understand where your coming from.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post

Ugh. Welfare is there to get your on your feet, it's never enough to have fun LOL. When i was 17 i was homeless and living off welfare in boarding houses; if it wasn't for that i wouldn't have survived this well.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

geostump is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Took 750mg of mag on accident last night instead of the 500mg I normally take. I'm lethargic as hell and feel like you would after a slight hangover. Can't wait for this day to be over.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Good to hear!! Arnica, hmm... I'm hesitant to mess with it while breastfeeding due to potential toxicity. Maybe if this is still happening later...
    Arnica is available both as a topical cream and a tea or sub lingual tablet. It really reduces swelling and speeds healing. (personal first hand experience). The topical probably wouldn't affect your milk but then *medical disclaimer* always consult your physician before beginning any new treatment.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    GOTD:
    Dear the Universe;
    I appreciate that being a sensitive give me great powers but do i also have to suffer each time you choose to met out some catasrophe. I really need my sleep. And this trouble you have brewing wont even be local to my area.

kthanxbai
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com