Page 12 of 696 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 12

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My gripe today: People who like to joke around or tease, but have a hissy-fit if you joke a little with them!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, a new Primal-related gripe in my life - a husband who apparently resents my new-found energy and commitment to real food.

We just went to the market for a few things and there was a great deal of "Well, I guess we can't have - insert assortment of processed rubbish - anymore 'cause you won't eat it." and similar petulantly delivered comments. Mind you, 90% of it was stuff I never ate anyway but bought for him.

I have gone out of my way not to pressure him in any way to change his eating, have continued cooking the starches, breads and puddings that he lives on, served with several glasses of Pepsi at each meal. I've simply adjusted my meals to exclude anything non-primal and for some reason that pisses him off. Strange.

Anyone else with a mate who would prefer you stay tired and unhealthy?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I had an ex like that, still worse his idea of having fun with the kids was to go get junk food or bring it to them. While he never had weight problems, at 70 his heart has more bypasses than Los Angeles, and with all the meds he takes he looks dreadful.

Success of any kind seems to be very threatening to family and friends which is seriously pathetic. From my personal experience, those people are very often negative types to begin with.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

LJH
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I had an ex like that, still worse his idea of having fun with the kids was to go get junk food or bring it to them. While he never had weight problems, at 70 his heart has more bypasses than Los Angeles, and with all the meds he takes he looks dreadful.

Success of any kind seems to be very threatening to family and friends which is seriously pathetic. From my personal experience, those people are very often negative types to begin with.
    I hear ya, Digby. In hindsight, I really should have expected the ridicule, negative is his home turf. It's all bad, Chicken Little was right, the glass is ¾ empty, favorite words are "never" and "can't". He takes particular pleasure in others' misfortune and that one bothers me the most. Seems to me you'd really have to hate yourself to have that mindset.

I did a quicky FitDay on his typical daily sugar intake and it's way over 400g (white sugar added to food & coffee or tea, soda pop, desserts, candy). He is almost certainly clinically depressed - not happy if he isn't miserable - and it's gotten progressively worse over time. But he flat refuses to see anyone about it so I just do my thing and let him wallow in his beloved self-pity.

Sad thing is, Primal would probably go a long way toward turing it around.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I strongly suggest taking Robb Wolf's advice: take out a nice life insurance policy on the husband, and start eyeing up Ramón the pool boy.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

LJH
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I strongly suggest taking Robb Wolf's advice: take out a nice life insurance policy on the husband, and start eyeing up Ramón the pool boy.
    ROTFLMAO! He's way too old for affordable life insurance and I'm long past interested in anything Ramón has to offer. (Now Timothy B Schmit would be a whole 'nother matter )

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My gripe: can't pump enough milk to feed my baby and now that she's starting day care, it's that much more important to boost her immunity. At this point I have no regrets about ordering a milk-increasing medication from the lovely island nation of Vanatu.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My gripe: can't pump enough milk to feed my baby and now that she's starting day care, it's that much more important to boost her immunity. At this point I have no regrets about ordering a milk-increasing medication from the lovely island nation of Vanatu.
    I spent a couple of months in Vanuatu once on a conservation project with sea turtles. What product do they make that increases milk production? One of their main crops is kava. You're not getting your baby stoned are you

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day is dumbasses who pace beside you in your blind spot as you're driving .... in a gray car .... in the Portland gloom .... with no lights on. HELLO?! Ever heard of defensive driving?! You don't stay pacing in someone's blind spot -- you either move a bit up or fall a bit behind so as to ensure that you are seen. Dumbass.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digby View Post

success of any kind seems to be very threatening to family and friends which is seriously pathetic. From my personal experience, those people are very often negative types to begin with.
    Quoted For Truth....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates