Page 119 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 119

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wore my VFFs all day and now my feet are reeeeally stinky.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Why are sunglasses all so small!? My head isn't that big!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    GOTD: My car was run into by a man who pulled out of shopping center into the rear driver's side of the car--his suv had no damage. The damage is minor, but it does involve two insurance companies--need I say more. This is the 4th incident with the car in as many years; all caused by somebody/thing else. Rear-ended by a 18-wheeler in Philadelphia; a deer jumped on the hood and did incredible damage; a woman pulled out of a convenience store into the passager side.
    Maybe you should turn off that cloaking device so people can see you. Sounds like your car has some bad energies going there. Maybe you need some Feng Shui luck. I have one of these Bagua decals on my car

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Why are sunglasses all so small!? My head isn't that big!
    I have the opposite problem - my head is small and I've actually had to buy children's sunglasses so I didn't look like Atom Ant.
    Last edited by Lynna; 06-03-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Atom Ant, not Adam Ant

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Maybe you should turn off that cloaking device so people can see you. Sounds like your car has some bad energies going there. Maybe you need some Feng Shui luck. I have one of these Bagua decals on my car
    I was considering a voodoo charm.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I was considering a voodoo charm.
    I had 2 accidents before I put it on my car - first one partially my fault - idiot started to pull out into traffice and then stopped. Second one - I was rear-ended stopping for a school bus. No problems since....I bought mine directly from the Feng Shui practitioner at a seminor, but this is the same sect and the same decal - good luck to you.
    https://www.fengshuishopper.com/products.php?id=446

redberry is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I have the opposite problem - my head is small and I've actually had to buy children's sunglasses so I didn't look like Adam Ant.
    +1
    5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
    5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

Goal: 120ish

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I went to the wound care center about this recurring incision issue, full of hope that they'd know specifically why it kept recurring and how to stop it from happening again. Nope, they just shrugged and said "that's weird! It shouldn't be doing that" like the other docs did. Damn.

They cauterized it again (YEOWCH) and may suggest another surgery later if it recurs.

So, I'm still on the merry-go-round.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I went to the wound care center about this recurring incision issue, full of hope that they'd know specifically why it kept recurring and how to stop it from happening again. Nope, they just shrugged and said "that's weird! It shouldn't be doing that" like the other docs did. Damn.

They cauterized it again (YEOWCH) and may suggest another surgery later if it recurs.

So, I'm still on the merry-go-round.
    what incisioin is this?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I had to have a c-section way the hell back in December and it has never healed properly -- it keeps looking healed, then reopens to varying degrees. Thankfully it's not reopening full thickness but it's still pretty damn horrifying and infectable.

So far in addition to "wait and see", they've tried cauterizing it, recauterizing it, surgery to remove that section of the scar and start over with fresh edges to stitch shut, antibiotics, more antibiotics, and now they cauterized it again.

I am a very whiny camper at this point. That said, I bet it would be that much worse if I wasn't taking this excellent primal approach to eating; I used to eat a ton of starch and I'm sure infecting bacteria would have had a field day with my blood sugar levels.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."