Page 118 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 118

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    So you are going to walk into my office, not say a word, and then spit your nasty ass tobacco shit into my trash can before speaking? Really. Are you looking to get punched in the dick?

And I have to get cigarettes on the way home for my GF, who really needs to quit. $60 a carton. Lovely.

So..gripe of the day - tobacco users and the asshat politicians who think raising taxes on cigarettes is a good idea.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So you are going to walk into my office, not say a word, and then spit your nasty ass tobacco shit into my trash can before speaking? Really. Are you looking to get punched in the dick?

And I have to get cigarettes on the way home for my GF, who really needs to quit. $60 a carton. Lovely.

So..gripe of the day - tobacco users and the asshat politicians who think raising taxes on cigarettes is a good idea.
    Haha- classic, I freakin' hate the smell of chew!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I just don't get chewing. Who looks at that and thinks, "I'd really like to try that. It looks so cool spitting brown stuff into a cup."

On the bright side, every time they raise taxes on cigs, more people do quit. I like the occasional smoke. I smoke a few times a year. I'm glad since I also have a taste for fairly expensive cigs. The cigarettes I like are $7 or $8 per pack. I don't think twice about it since it's a rare treat. If I was smoking every day, that would be quite the line item in my budget.

How fast does she go through a carton?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I just don't get chewing. Who looks at that and thinks, "I'd really like to try that. It looks so cool spitting brown stuff into a cup."

On the bright side, every time they raise taxes on cigs, more people do quit. I like the occasional smoke. I smoke a few times a year. I'm glad since I also have a taste for fairly expensive cigs. The cigarettes I like are $7 or $8 per pack. I don't think twice about it since it's a rare treat. If I was smoking every day, that would be quite the line item in my budget.

How fast does she go through a carton?
    We buy about 2 cartons a month give or take. I also don't think raising taxes gets as many people to quit as people like to think. Sure, some do quit but if quitting was as easy as "Eh, cigarettes are $1 more a pack now, okay, that was fun while it lasted' people could quit anytime. It's an addiction and a little cash wont make that big a dent (at least in my totally uninformed opinion)

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    We buy about 2 cartons a month give or take. I also don't think raising taxes gets as many people to quit as people like to think. Sure, some do quit but if quitting was as easy as "Eh, cigarettes are $1 more a pack now, okay, that was fun while it lasted' people could quit anytime. It's an addiction and a little cash wont make that big a dent (at least in my totally uninformed opinion)
    I've known a few people that quit over it. Of course, this was back in my starving student days. $1/day for a pack a day smoker would've been more than my grocery money.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I second this. My husband is a smoker, buy a carton weekly and even though I do let him know we technically can't afford the habit, he smokes anyways. The shit they put in cigarettes is more addicting than heroin. I like a cigar now and again.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    the cat shat throughout the house today. ugh, it smelled horrible! and after cleaning it up i've completely lost my appetite which sucks because if i don't eat something before bed i'm going to be a huge bitch tomorrow (due to not-so-optimal food choices earlier in the evening). maybe the universe is paying me back for teaching my 7 yo a new word: "shart."
    This is also known as "shlatter"
    Georgette

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol.
    my husband smokes but i have nothing to do with the process. he used to ask me to pick up a pack of cigarettes, but i just couldn't think of a good answer when my 7yo said "mom, if you hate that he smokes, and it's so bad for him, why DO you buy them?" he had a really good point, so i told my husband he had to pick up his own cigarettes.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your expensive cigs are $7 - $8 a pack!?! A normal pack of 30 here costs about $15! It's not the exchange rate either the US/AUS dollars are pretty much one for one right now. I'm not a smoker but my ex is and his $90 a week habit is one of the reasons why he refuses to do things like help me pay for our kids health insurance.
    Mind you, he's not paying for his own either, so when he gets lung cancer he'll be at the mercy of the public hospital system, so I guess there's some justice there.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GOTD: My car was run into by a man who pulled out of shopping center into the rear driver's side of the car--his suv had no damage. The damage is minor, but it does involve two insurance companies--need I say more. This is the 4th incident with the car in as many years; all caused by somebody/thing else. Rear-ended by a 18-wheeler in Philadelphia; a deer jumped on the hood and did incredible damage; a woman pulled out of a convenience store into the passager side.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism