Page 116 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 116

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    War! Memorial Day reminds me of lots of my family who served/still serve, a couple seriously injured in Iraq;, and my best friend's granddaughter got blown up there, and on and on. Got that song 'War' in my head today.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    One day = only 24 hrs. NOT ENOUGH! I have too many projects to complete.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Back to the vets tomorrow for a post-op checkup. Well, at least it's free.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Why. Do. You. Call. For. Medical. Advice. If. You. Don't. Intend. On. Listening. BAH!!!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    The town decided to fix the sewer in front of our building, which means no roads and temporary water. It also means that today, I got to handbomb 3 pallets worth of stock. 1 pallet was frozen goods, that we don't have enough room for since we had only 1/2 of the customers we usually get. 4 boxes of frozen goods..thawing. yey.
    Calm the f**k down.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure this is a repeat from somebody, but I'm pissed that now even Trader Joe's has crap oils in their salad dressing. Maybe I just haven't noticed? But WTF is up with "canola and/or soybean oil"? And/or? Why not just TELL US what it is?

Sometimes I rely on TJs for salad dressing. They used to have a bunch of salad dressings that used canola oil, which is not good, but not as bad as soybean or corn oil (I think), and it's really hard to find even canola oil dressings.

Also, I bought a dressing called Romano Caesar Dressing "Made with extra virgin olive oil and romano cheese", it said right on the front label. I'm thinking, Oh good, Olive oil!. Later, at home, I finally read the back label. "Ingedients: expeller pressed canola oil, water, extra virgin olive oil....blah...blah".

Doesn't it seem like "Made with extra virgin olive oil" is misrepresentation? Jeez TJ, get real.
    Last edited by Viking; 05-31-2011 at 12:29 AM.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I was looking after a lady at work last night who is on liquid feeds as she had neck surgery and has to be fed through a tube in her stomach. The first two ingredients after water.....?

Corn oil and sucrose.

How is that supposed to help her heal?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I'm sure this is a repeat from somebody, but I'm pissed that now even Trader Joe's has crap oils in their salad dressing. Maybe I just haven't noticed? But WTF is up with "canola and/or soybean oil"? And/or? Why not just TELL US what it is?

Sometimes I rely on TJs for salad dressing. They used to have a bunch of salad dressings that used canola oil, which is not good, but not as bad as soybean or corn oil (I think), and it's really hard to find even canola oil dressings.

Also, I bought a dressing called Romano Caesar Dressing "Made with extra virgin olive oil and romano cheese", it said right on the front label. I'm thinking, Oh good, Olive oil!. Later, at home, I finally read the back label. "Ingedients: expeller pressed canola oil, water, extra virgin olive oil....blah...blah".

Doesn't it seem like "Made with extra virgin olive oil" is misrepresentation? Jeez TJ, get real.
    There are things I love at TJ's, but they sell more regular food than not; just look at the cereal, bread aisles, fruit aisles.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I was looking after a lady at work last night who is on liquid feeds as she had neck surgery and has to be fed through a tube in her stomach. The first two ingredients after water.....?

Corn oil and sucrose.

How is that supposed to help her heal?
    My mother had been heavy much of her life, but the last 8-9years she had gotten very thin (dementia forgetting to eat), then she was put in hosptial on drip feed, and in just a 3-5 weeks was heavy again. Further proof of how to quickly fatten people.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post

The and/or part is so that they can pick whichever one is cheaper at the moment without having to re-do the labels. The "Made with" is in a lot of things. I found the same thing in heath food store mayo "made with" olive oil. Yeah right, two drops per jar, maybe. I found I had to start bringing my reading glasses to the supermarket if I was going to weed out the bad stuff. I like TJ's for good and cheap cooking wine and stuff like frozen seafood, but I haven't been shopping there as much lately.