Page 115 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 115

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They're almonds and I soaked them in tap water. Also I didn't really read about the proper way to do it, tee hee.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    They're almonds and I soaked them in tap water. Also I didn't really read about the proper way to do it, tee hee.
    Clearly You need to soak them in salt water and give them a good 48 hours to dry properly. You can do it quicker in a low oven. They should be crispy and slightly salty and amazingly good. Better luck next time.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    why are we soaking nuts?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    nuts are better when soaked?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Something about leeching out evil phytates or something. I dunno. Just thought I'd give it a whirl. This leads me to another gripe, if I'm allowed two in one day. I haven't been able to get macadamia nuts at Superstore all month. The only way I can get macadamias is in a mixed bag with cashews and other nuts, all roasted in canola oil. And Riverside Grocery probably sells "organic" ones for $50 a bag or something.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Something about leeching out evil phytates or something. I dunno. Just thought I'd give it a whirl. This leads me to another gripe, if I'm allowed two in one day. I haven't been able to get macadamia nuts at Superstore all month. The only way I can get macadamias is in a mixed bag with cashews and other nuts, all roasted in canola oil. And Riverside Grocery probably sells "organic" ones for $50 a bag or something.
    I'm bummed that Trader Joe's hasn't been carrying their dry roasted pecan pieces; while I used them sparingly, they added a great touch in a couple favorite recipes. Is there a nut shortage we haven't heard about?
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Never thought I would hear someone complaining about the prices at Riverside Grocery on an internet forum. But you're totally right.

You could always hunt down the manager at Superstore and ask about it. There's a good chance somebody misspelled "macadamia" or they forgot to order them or something. You could also try the IGA in Porter Creek, they sometimes have stuff.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    DH works a second job at Radio Shack. The manager just called him and asked him to work cuz some asshole didn't show up and wouldn't answer phone calls. At least she gave him a choice of hours to come in and he only has to work until 3.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    My gripe is that my boss and I both came in early this morning to do a teleconference. He, however, is leaving early to compensate, but I have to stay here. And it's nice and sunny out and it rained all day yesterday (my day off). And if we were on the third floor of this building, we'd have a balcony I could sunbathe on for 20 minutes, but we're on the second floor where the windows don't even open.

I guess I could walk up to the park at lunch and lie in the grass and let the ants tickle me for 20 minutes.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm pissed that it's a beautiful day, and I would love to be out hiking or camping, or swimming, but I am stuck inside hobbling around like an 80 year old. NOT HAPPY.