Page 113 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 113

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    People who ask you to watch their kids for a few hours due to their planning emergency and then never offer to return the favor! Oh - and then show up an hour or more late - on the phone and can't even bother to give more than a nod of thanks. Not that any 3 yr old boys are perfect, but this kid trashed the house so badly and wouldn't help clean up - at least my teenager felt sorry for her brother and helped!

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    I can't figure out how to make a rope harness for the weighted mass I wish to lift... this annoys me, as I am rarely outsmarted by lumber.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    a good friend recommended a beef supplier to me claiming it was grass-fed and "SSOOOO GOOD", and i ordered over $300 worth. turns out it's "natural" corn-fed. ARGH!!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Yowch, that's an expensive mistake. Along the same lines, I was looking for grass-fed beef in the organic section of our (usually really good) supermarket, and I came across some that was touted as "vegetarian fed". Yeah, corn is vegetarian. It's not that impressive that you're raising cows that aren't fed other cows. No thanks.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    Yowch, that's an expensive mistake. Along the same lines, I was looking for grass-fed beef in the organic section of our (usually really good) supermarket, and I came across some that was touted as "vegetarian fed". Yeah, corn is vegetarian. It's not that impressive that you're raising cows that aren't fed other cows. No thanks.
    I was all excited about finding grassfed local beef. Upon reading the fine print, I discover that it's grass fed, grain finished. Uh, NO. So I found another dealer that saw eye to eye with me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    There a gormet store here that is known to have a really good beef, so I went looking for grass fed and they say all our beef is grass fed. Then I notice the sign that also says grain finished. They say that the grain is where all that good fat marbling comes from. No thanks!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    ugh...yeah. this friend should have known better. and grass-raised is no big whoop here, almost all the cattle here are range fed and then crammed into feedlots to pack on weight for a just a few months before slaughter. i will be getting some other good stuff though, like smoked chicken and corned beef.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NonToxChick View Post
    *snip* If it's anything like last summer, *snip* pull weeds in my front garden at midnight with my headlamp on *snip*
    I know it wasn't your intention, but thanks for the idea. It was so hot and humid last summer that you couldn't work in the garden anytime between dawn and dusk. This year looks like another one. ....and speaking of gardening....one should be careful where one rests one's gloved hand or one ends up tearing the glove off and yelling and flapping the hand around like a fool because one has leaned down on an anthill and little black bitey ants start crawling up ones glove.....

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Surgery Day. >.<
    Good luck and recover quickly!