Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 112

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    To such people I usually send this link: Let me google that for you
    Haha, this is a priceless tool for us in the IT industry

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I pulled something in my groin area while sprinting two weeks ago and it hasn't healed up yet :/
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I pulled something in my groin area while sprinting two weeks ago and it hasn't healed up yet :/
    You just need the healing touch of a nice woman

Edited to add gripes:
    1) my over-sensitive coworkers who need to have either the heat or A/C on full blast. Can we not just open the windows and enjoy the beautiful spring morning? It's a little humid outside, so what? It could be January.
    2) Sparring partners who won't actually try to hit me
    Last edited by secretlobster; 05-26-2011 at 06:31 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Nah, in IT, you need the Magic 1000 ball or the Wheel of Fixing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: coworkers who have a lower bound of words they must use each day and choose to use them when you were talking..... to someone else entirely
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    To such people I usually send this link: Let me google that for you
    Brilliant!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Anxiety, failing meds, and training I really can't miss mean I'm up at work with one of the worst feelings of nervousness and anxiousness I've ever had and I keep checking over my shoulder every 5 minutes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Wow, just wow. At least a cop is trained and has professional ethics etc. WTF does a bus driver have besides a CDL? From what I recall from your first post you approached from the front so according to what you quoted in your next post you are correct and she is not. Is this going to be a 'your word against hers' thing or can you pull up a witness somewhere?
    No witness other than the bus driver, me and the kids getting off of the bus. According to a defensive driving instructor at the Delaware Safety Council it's a thin line, and he said you're supposed to stop a certain number of feet from the bus except there is nothing in writing about that. According to a former crossing guard, I did nothing wrong. So now I have to wait to see if I get a ticket in the mail and go from there. I just don't handle this kind of waiting well and feel on the verge of a panic attack.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    No witness other than the bus driver, me and the kids getting off of the bus. According to a defensive driving instructor at the Delaware Safety Council it's a thin line, and he said you're supposed to stop a certain number of feet from the bus except there is nothing in writing about that. According to a former crossing guard, I did nothing wrong. So now I have to wait to see if I get a ticket in the mail and go from there. I just don't handle this kind of waiting well and feel on the verge of a panic attack.
    Then challenge it; they will most likely drop it, or at least reduce the fine and not give you points.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Having just started tracking my fertility, I read "Ovulation generally occurs on the 14th day after the first day of your last period, so you should abstain from unprotected sex for a few days before and a few days after"

Crap.