Page 111 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 111

PrimalDog is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The opposition rely on innuendo , half truths, and deliberate untruths to support their position. They never ask for information, although they are always willing to provide instruction. They know the answer with a religious fervor and they are obvoiusly not susceptable to educational efforts.

These are a few of my favorite things...
    - how does one escape living in darkness?
    Primaldog: first understand that Fear is the only darkness..

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    school bus drivers.....a bus was stopped on the other side of the intersection at my street letting off children. I slowed to make a right turn onto my street. I did not pass the bus. It was on the other side of the street and other side of the intersection. I thought she waved me through. She followed me to my parking space and wrote down my license plate number and said she was going to report me. I DID NOT PASS THE FUCKING SCHOOL BUS. These people have too much power and they abuse it to the fullest. I'm really upset. I've never gotten a ticket. In Delaware it's amost $300 and 3 points on your license. I really don't need this. :'(

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    school bus drivers.....a bus was stopped on the other side of the intersection at my street letting off children. I slowed to make a right turn onto my street. I did not pass the bus. It was on the other side of the street and other side of the intersection. I thought she waved me through. She followed me to my parking space and wrote down my license plate number and said she was going to report me. I DID NOT PASS THE FUCKING SCHOOL BUS. These people have too much power and they abuse it to the fullest. I'm really upset. I've never gotten a ticket. In Delaware it's amost $300 and 3 points on your license. I really don't need this. :'(

Eh, she isn't a cop and can't write tickets. Does she have you on camera? If not she can report to her heart's content. That said, if you have a little free time I'd keep an eye on that bus. No one is a perfect driver especially when driving a huge yellow p.o.s full of rowdy children. Next time she rubs a curb or cuts a turn too sharply pass along the favor and give the school board a call. Remember, it's for the children.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Eh, she isn't a cop and can't write tickets. Does she have you on camera? If not she can report to her heart's content. That said, if you have a little free time I'd keep an eye on that bus. No one is a perfect driver especially when driving a huge yellow p.o.s full of rowdy children. Next time she rubs a curb or cuts a turn too sharply pass along the favor and give the school board a call. Remember, it's for the children.
    d)(1) Overtaking and passing school bus. -- When a school bus is stopped and displays flashing lamps in accordance with subsection (b) of this section, the driver of any vehicle approaching the school bus from the front or from the rear shall stop before passing the bus and remain stopped until such bus begins to move or no longer has the red stop lamps activated. On roadway or roadways with 4 or more lanes, the driver approaching from the front shall not stop.

g) Identification of violators. -- If any vehicle is witnessed by a police officer, school bus operator or school crossing guard to be in violation of subsection (d) of this section and the identity of the operator is not otherwise apparent, it shall be a rebuttable presumption that the person in whose name such vehicle is registered committed such violation of subsection (d) of this section.

(i) Penalties. -- Whoever violates subsection (d) of this section shall, for the first offense, be fined not less than $115 nor more than $230 or imprisoned not less than 30 days nor more than 60 days or both. For each subsequent like offense occurring within 3 years from the former offense, such person shall be fined not less than $115 nor more than $575, and imprisoned not less than 60 days nor more than 6 months. The minimum fine levied for a violation of subsection (d) of this section shall not be subject to suspension.

Except I did not overtake and pass the bus. I still can't believe she actually turned down my street and stopped in front of my car, got out and wrote down my license plate. I was having a really good day too.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: migraine triggered by someone's industrial strength perfume.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Nion is offline Senior Member
    I was naughty and gave into a cheddar cheese bagel.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My spidey senses are tingling and none of my methods of getting into my own head (Tarot, water reading, journaling, etc) are working.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    gotd:
    chocolate truffles do not make your ass shrink.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    g) Identification of violators. -- If any vehicle is witnessed by a police officer, school bus operator or school crossing guard to be in violation of subsection.
    Wow, just wow. At least a cop is trained and has professional ethics etc. WTF does a bus driver have besides a CDL? From what I recall from your first post you approached from the front so according to what you quoted in your next post you are correct and she is not. Is this going to be a 'your word against hers' thing or can you pull up a witness somewhere?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    People asking questions where they could find out the answer themselves in under 5 minutes if they had the slightest shred of curiosity or initiative.
    To such people I usually send this link: Let me google that for you