Page 110 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 110

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Today's Gripe: Auuuuuugh my weak willpower! Coworker brought in some FANTASTIC goodies today. I planned on having some as my 20% but I wanted to wait until after I had brunch. Eating sweets on a primally full tummy doesn't cause as many issues as eating them on nothing. Well there was a bit of a feeding frenzy and I, afraid I'd get none, scooped up some and put it next to me on my desk, you know for later. Later turned out to be in 30 seconds. I had my treats and now I've got a headache for my impatience. Went and ate my primal brunch anyway and it helped a little but uggggggh. I did so WELL yesterday.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I think I figured out why I have been breaking out so badly on my chin. That's the only place on my face where my dog has given kisses. No more Airedale smooches for me

swalker is offline Member
    Gripe: People not turning the faucet in the women's bathroom all of the way off. You know its broken...you know you didn't even make an attempt to turn it off. I was in there...I heard u turn it ON, get a paper towel..and walk out.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    My gripe today: My sickly cow orker who never knows when to shut up. He gripes about his ailments, and he talks ON and ON about particulars of the disgusting food he eats... and never seems to make the connection. Who needs to hear about that stuff? GROSS.

canio6 Guest
    Alamo Rental Car Company - so I rented a car, sure, I waived the insurance, and yes, some ahole chipped the windshield with a rock as they flew past me on the interstate, yeah, I get that. My insurance is covering the replacement cost, but really, you need to charge me $80 for two days of 'lack of use' on the car since you couldn't rent it for $15 a day for two days? Really Alamo? So every car you had at that airport was rented out and you lost money on that one car that wasn't rented during the one hour it takes to change out a windshield.? I'm calling bs on that one.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    This isn't really a gripe, but I honestly feel sorry for people who are overweight and go out of their way to talk about how healthy they eat. You can still be a normal weight even if you are not at all primal, but these people are so deluded that they think they look thinner by lying. Self-delusion is the furthest place from real change. I met yet another person like this today and I didn't respond, because it wouldn't make a difference, but I hope she is able to be honest with herself at some point.

People asking questions where they could find out the answer themselves in under 5 minutes if they had the slightest shred of curiosity or initiative.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    This isn't really a gripe, but I honestly feel sorry for people who are overweight and go out of their way to talk about how healthy they eat. You can still be a normal weight even if you are not at all primal, but these people are so deluded that they think they look thinner by lying. Self-delusion is the furthest place from real change. I met yet another person like this today and I didn't respond, because it wouldn't make a difference, but I hope she is able to be honest with herself at some point.
    Just met with a daycare provider... She was an overweight grandmotherly type.

I asked about the food she served and she said only organic snacks for the kids and she believed entirely in the science behind eating organic, etc... all the while I was sitting next to 2 cases of Pepsi and a shelf full of sugar cereals and we had just toured the play room with empty boxes of pop-tarts and Pringles. Confusing? Yes. Are we going with her? No.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    People asking questions where they could find out the answer themselves in under 5 minutes if they had the slightest shred of curiosity or initiative.
    But can you tell me why a Primal Diet is soooo good for me?
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    But can you tell me why a Primal Diet is soooo good for me?
    Well played!

Just kidding, I'm'a drop you off at the intersection of "Ignorance Is Bliss" and "More Bacon For Me"... :P