Page 108 of 696 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 108

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Turn signals...i know, no one here knows what they are either

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What's the deal with (area name) drivers?!

Seriously, let's just accept the fact that there are incredibly crappy drivers everywhere.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Oh man, don't get me started on bad rain drivers. It rains 300 days a year here, and everyone panics. Aren't you people used to this by now?!
    We get a dust storm every week or so (usually closer to twice a week.) High winds, skies the color of dirt, yadayadayada. It's reasonably easy to drive in a dust storm: maintain a speed where you can see in front of you, don't slam on your brakes, and for the love of nothing holy, steer to counter the wind and gusts. If you've lived here more than a month, you've learned how to drive in one. So why is it that everyone's main way of dealing with a dust storm is slam on the brakes down to 5 mph (on a highway where view allows for at least 70 mph) and let the wind blow you around both lanes of road.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Boston weather: Five straight days of rain, GRRRRR

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So why is it that everyone's main way of dealing with a dust storm is slam on the brakes down to 5 mph (on a highway where view allows for at least 70 mph) and let the wind blow you around both lanes of road.
    I would suspect that anybody doing that just can't handle driving faster -- in which case I'd say they'd better just drive ONLY as fast and as well as they can. Which is not well at all, but it beats driving even worse?...

That's what I keep telling myself when I'm driving behind some super-slow idiot, anyway... it doesn't work too well.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

It's the long weekend and I have nothing to do while the whole town is out camping in the beautiful wilderness. Goddammit. Someone Skype me. I am lonely.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    It's the long weekend and I have nothing to do while the whole town is out camping in the beautiful wilderness. Goddammit. Someone Skype me. I am lonely.
    Awwwwww, Grumps. The San Diego Primals should have a party to welcome you out here. That would be fun.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day:
    I got nailed in a speed trap sting operation and got a speeding ticket.

What a crock. The motorcycle cop parks himself right at the crest of a bridge .... a bridge upon which one must accelerate to ascend. I was going along with the flow of traffic and, yes, was accelerating. I just happened to be the last in the line of about 8 cars. So he nails me, even though I was going no faster (or slower) than anybody else.

Here's the thing: the freaking ticket was $190. I figured it'd be $60 or somesuch .... especially considering I was going only 14 mph over the 30 mph limit. $190?! No school zone, no construction zone, no special circumstance. REALLY?!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Awwwwww, Grumps. The San Diego Primals should have a party to welcome you out here. That would be fun.
    Yeah, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I was going only 14 mph over the 30 mph limit.
    Maybe they calculated it based on you going almost 50% over the speed limit.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Maybe they calculated it based on you going almost 50% over the speed limit.
    HAHA. Yeah, I just noticed that. It did look bad to me when I wrote it out.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates