Thread: Really Easy Super Quick Curry Sauce page

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Really Easy Super Quick Curry Sauce

Shop Now
    Tried this last night as a sauce for take-out Chinese. I ordered steamed fish and broccoli. While my DH picked up the food, I simply heated a can of coconut milk with a large spoonful (maybe 1 or 2 TB) of Thai Red Curry Paste with a splash of fish sauce and stirred until combined.

The curry was delicious poured over the steamed fish and broccoli and avoided the copious amount of junk oil that stuff is usually cooked in.

I liked it so much I'm going to throw it over everything I cook! Maybe even my breakfast eggs and greens!

Pea

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    Wait....chinese takeout has foods that aren't smothered in sugary syrupy sauce? (Serious question, a take out option would be nice I can make my own sauce!)

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    I've gotta get some fish sauce!
    But yeah, curries are my go-to quick meal - but also my "treat" on the weekends (when I have 20 minutes to put together a meal.. as opposed to the 5 I usually have).
    Although I find I am not super full afterwards - which doesnt make sense because of the high fat-content. Anyone else have this problem?? (Last night I did a tomato-base curry and ate an entire pound of GB....)

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty much the recipe off the can of coconut milk or side of the curry paste jar (minus the sugar, which I leave out as well...and sometimes the fish sauce). I keep coconut milk & red and green curry paste in the house at all times!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I do that, too! Sometimes I cook up a huge batch of meat in my crock pot, and when I'm packing my lunch I just whip up some sort of sauce to throw on it, for the sake of variety. That's one of my go-to sauces. I've made it with red curry paste, or with a yellow curry powder. I've even just mixed it together without heating and used as a salad dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    Wait....chinese takeout has foods that aren't smothered in sugary syrupy sauce? (Serious question, a take out option would be nice I can make my own sauce!)
    Every Chinese restaurant I frequent has the option of just steamed meat and veggies... it's often in a "light" or "diet" section on the menu. I'm guessing any restaurant could do that for you even if it's not on the menu.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.