Thread: Stairs as good as walking? page

GingerYeti is offline Junior Member

Stairs as good as walking?

Hi everyone,
    I just got a standing workstation after reading some articles on the site. It could be taken to the next level if I added a treadmill or perhaps, I was thinking one of those little stair steppers. I'm not sure about the quality of those devices, but my first question is: is going up stairs equivalent to "walking at a slow pace"? The bobbing from the stair stepping may get annoying. Just wanted some thoughts from the community.

Here is an example of what I am considering:

shrona is offline Member
    Yes, if you move slowly, I think that would be equivalent to walking slowly. Do you do a lot of talking on the phone? That is the only time I could imagine using one of those. Just b/c I can't imagine the bobbing and typing/writing/reading . . . but you might be able to get used to it. I have seen two people where I work who are happy to do reading on their laptops while walking on a treadmill, and I personally can't imagine that either. Love standing at my desk though! You might first want to focus on that adjustment, as it does tire your legs and feet a bit, before you start tinkering!

GingerYeti is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the feedback, shrona.

I think I'll take your advice and wait a while.