Thread: i MUST get back on track, a page

runningwild is offline Senior Member

SCREW YOU HALF TERM, I WILL get back on track, a hopeful journal

Shop Now
    Hi All,

A brief description of me...

I am a 31 year old music therapist from London. I am getting married in September and would dearly love to be more healthy and look better for my big day.
    I discovered the primal lifestyle by accident through the healthy mind fit body podcast.
    I have been following the primal lifestyle with good success until...

HALF TERM

For some reason this holiday and being away from home made me feel like i could eat and drink whatever i liked. This made me groggy, tired and have stomach pain.
    I am now back at school and in a routine. I will be going shopping tonight to stock up on healthy food.

I thought it was about time that i wrote a journal so that i am accountable for what i put in my gob and the exercises i do!

thanks for reading
    Last edited by runningwild; 03-01-2011 at 01:11 AM.

So yesterday i decided that i should give the whole 30 a try as the end of feb was such a wash out.
    This morning did not start well as the woman in the flat upstairs was walking around in what appeared to be hob nailed boots at 2.15 for half an hour.
    After a fairly brisk cycle to work i am now feeling more positive that i can do the whole 30.
    Planning on going to the gym later so hopefully this will make me sleep better.

fable is offline Senior Member

Good luck!

Congratulations on the wedding plans, and on starting the 30.

Myself, I tend to slip into bad habits after about two weeks. If I could only overcome this urge to eat crap and keep my efforts up for two more weeks, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to stick to it for the long term!

Stocking your pantry and fridge with lovely, yummy, healthy, primal food is definitely the best start. I always love that part!

Good luck to you, let us know how you're doing.

Thanks fable

i had a good day food wise
    nothing for breakfast
    mid morning small cup of homemade cauliflower soup
    lunch was a BAS with tuna, watercress yellow pepper cucumber and baby tomatoes
    afternoon snack was a couple of small pears
    dinner is some bolognase mice that i just finished making.

i went to the gym and worked on my arms, think they are going to hurt tomorrow

My Pt at the gym was concerned that i wouldnt make the whole 30, he said it would be destructive as i would fail and then binge more. i really hope i can prove him wrong.

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    GOOD LUCK! I know what your PT is saying because many times I have only made it a week and then binged so bad. But you know what? I made a strong commitment this time and after I got over that 1 week hump, it got easier. I am on day 17 now! I bet you can do the same! Go get em!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Thanks so much becomeyourdream
    I am so desperate to kick the sugar and grains addiction.
    Day 17, thats great news
    Did you get horrid carb flu or was it plain sailing? (she asks hopefully!)

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Definitely felt a bit sluggish at first but I think I am starting to get adapted to running more on fat and less on carbs/grains! I am super active so mixing lots of working out and just starting primal eating was a little tough but its all starting to click. I hear it can take a whole month to really get everything in line so I am hoping after a month I will feel even better than better! haha. We will see!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

wow what a couple of days...
    I got bitten at work on Tuesday by a child who was very distressed and yesterday i locked my cycle up to go and have dinner with a friend. When i cam back someone had locked their bike on the same D loop and had locked my bike to the D too. I was absolutely raging and this would normally lead to a binge but yesterday i managed to stay on track and had the mantra that why should i hinder myself when it was them that was in the wrong. For some reason this really worked and this morning i have got up feeling in a better mood as a result (i still have to go back and find out if i can pick my Bike up... knowing my recent luck someone will have stolen it!

I am so pleased to have been able to stay on track recently. I went home at the weekend and although my mum and dad didn't really understand why i was eating pork scratchings as a snack they accepted it and it was fairly easy, even when my mum got out her famous lemon drizzle cake!!!

I am off to visit my fiancées cousin and her family this weekend and i think food choices will be more difficult as i don't feel i can just cook up my own food as i did last weekend.

I will have to stay strong and hope for the best.