Thread: Itchy rash since PB page

Lili is offline Junior Member

Itchy rash since PB

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all-
    some weeks into going PB I developed an itchy (meddeningly so!) rash on my legs and chest. My integrative medicine doc thinks it's a recurrence of Candida, which she's treated me for in the past. I'm starting to wonder, given the timing and my generalized malaise (tired, headcahy etc) if it's actually a die-off reaction from Candida and perhaps bacteria being starved due to me being so low-carb (due to digestive issues I only eat cooked veggies, and rarely fruit and nuts etc).

Has anyone had a similar experience, or possess any knowledge that might be helpful?

Sincerely, and hopefully, yours,
    Itchy in Chicago

JulieME is offline Member
    My husband had a similar problem. The first few days of going VLC his sometimes itching became a huge, unbearable itching all over problem. He finally resorted to taking a swig of our Children's liquid Benadryl before going to bed. That seemed to work. Still not sure if it had anything to do with the change in diet though.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    absolutely sounds like the 'yeast die off' symptoms as you said. Are you taking any anti-fungals right now? Coconut oil is one, I believe.

From what I understand, lots of water can be helpful to flush dead yeast from your system, and if the symptoms are getting too horrible- lay off the anti-fungals a bit as they die off more gradually.