Thread: Looking for opinions on inversion tables page

nohup is offline Junior Member

Looking for opinions on inversion tables

Does anyone here have an opinion on inversion tables? One of my favorite stretches over the past few years is to simply hang from my chinup bar. It does a good job at decompressing the spine, but it seems to me that an inversion table would do an even better job... my concern, in part, is their safety.

Any thoughts appreciated.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I use the Teeter Dex 2 that they have at my gym frequently and really love it. I have some spinal compression due to 3 separate accidents. I can not tolerate treatment like a chiropractor but after warming up well I hang upside down for awhile and then am able to self adjust and relieve all my pain. I routinely end a workout (after cooldown) with it.

That being said, no way would I pay to have one in my home. I do elbow stand against a wall for gentle decompression (not as effective) but the inversion stuff takes a lot of room. I think if I really really wanted to have it at home I would do the chinup bar variety.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with the chin up hang version...plus you can build grip strength at the same time.

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    I can't attest to the medical/scientific benefits or repercussions...but my Mum used to have one and my younger sister and I LOVED it. It feels awesome

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

stewie97 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    have you thought of gravity boots? they take up zero space if you already have a chin up bar

YouTube - Gravity Boot Workout