Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: March Whole30 page

Jezsh is offline Member

March Whole30

Primal Fuel
    After falling spectacularly off the wagon in February, it's time to climb back on with a vengeance!

The rules:

1) Eat real food meat, fish, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats.

2) Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial.

3) Do not eat processed foods.

4) Do not drink alcohol, in any form.

5) Do not eat grains.

6) Do not eat legumes - this includes peanuts and all forms of soy.

7) Do not eat dairy.

8) Do not eat white potatoes.

9) Take measurements before starting, but do not measure or step on the scales the for the whole month.

---

Personal tweaks:

1) No nuts - these seem to be a trigger food for me that make me hungrier instead of sating me

2) No restricting myself - until I get into the swing of things, I will eat as much as I want to. One of the top reasons I'm doing this is to not only realign what I eat, but how I eat. Recently I've been binging a lot. I think it's unrealistic to stop that immediately. So step 1 is simply to binge heathily, if that urge arises. I can work on the finer points later.

3) No skimping on exercise - it is necessary. However, if my body is telling me it needs a rest, then equally I shouldn't push it.

4) No feeling guilty on March 3rd, as I am going to an elderly colleague's house for dinner and won't be able to avoid eating 'forbidden' foods.

---

Goals:

In order of importance...

1) Get back on the wagon - really commit to living and eating primally

2) Kill sugar cravings and pave the way for good eating habits which focus on health, satiety and listening to my body rather than my emotions

3) Lose a bit of body fat

STARTING TODAY (to make up for the afore-mentioned dinner!)

Anybody else in?

Jezsh is offline Member
    I certainly had my last hurrah yesterday. Decided to cap off a week of awful eating and deteriorating willpower with a gigantic curry (including a naan bread - haven't eaten bread in months!) followed up with Baskin Robbins. Was so full I didn't eat right up until the evening, when I had a bit of soup, some tuna, a glass of lovely white wine and a banana. I feel like I needed to get it out of my system.

Today I feel...ok. I definitely feel bloated, but not terribly. I slept pretty badly, but I have no idea whether it's food, stress or the fact that the liquor store over the street is open and having deliveries at 3am again. Could be a sleep-destroying combo?

Breakfast was:
    - cup of red cabbage cooked in butter
    - two small fried tomatoes
    - two-egg omelette cooked in butter

Snack:
    - a banana

Lunch:
    - BAS - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red cabbage, celery and a can of tuna (forgot to bring dressing!)
    - portion of homemade liver pate

Looking good!

nopie is offline Senior Member
    I am 100% in for March.

I'm going to have a bit of a cheat night tonight.

March 1 = no smoking, and 100% whole 30. Can't wait to see my results! I have my first race of the season in April and I have a feeling I am going to be looking and feeling pretty awesome for it!

I will be taking before pictures and measurements tonight, I believe.

SUPER EXCITED!

Jezsh is offline Member
    Hi Nopie!

What are you going to have for your cheat night?
    Good luck for race season! What'll you be racing?
    I too have to dig out the tape measure tonight - thanks for reminding me to take pictures too!

Definitely feeling reinvigorated today! Colleague just came and gave me two souvenirs (not entirely sure what kind of food they are), and I'm sitting and contemplating the fact that I've no real desire to eat them. A month ago, I'm pretty sure I'd have shovelled them into my mouth by now.

Hope the rest of the month stays like this

Deo
    Deo is offline Member
    Sweet. I'm in.

Scyphen is offline Junior Member
    Was wondering when this thread was going to pop up... I'm in for the month of March

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    I'm in for March, with the 'tweak' of eating butter. For me, the hardest part is going to be kicking the diet cola, but I think cold turkey is the way to go! Already took measurements and pictures... Whoooooo!
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

mystic is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. I've just spent the last couple of days trying to get it right in time for March.

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in for 100% - no cheats - no mods - looking forward to kicking the protein shake habit for a while!
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

runningwild is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    ok, I am going to try it too - had a terrible week last week as was on holiday and need to kick myself up the ass!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast