Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: March Whole30 page 2

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezsh View Post
    Hi Nopie!

What are you going to have for your cheat night?
    Good luck for race season! What'll you be racing?
    I too have to dig out the tape measure tonight - thanks for reminding me to take pictures too!

Cheat night didn't really end up happening quite as I planned- I got a small apple crisp McFlurry and stole some of my kids' fries at McDonald's. (Yeah sue me, I took my kid to McDonald's for the Play Place mainly, yikes).

I thought yesterday was the last day of the month... oops.

So tonight I am going for AYCE sushi dinner with a friend who is also hopping on the whole 30 bandwagon March 1 (Katydid371). Then hopefully we can do our pictures and measurements.

These are the upcoming races I am training for as a runner:

Run for Retina Sunday, 04/10/11
    5K London, ON

Forest City Road Race, Sunday, 05/01/11
    10K London, ON

If anyone is on DailyMile add me so I can follow your training - http://www.dailymile.com/people/heather4866

SloGo is offline Member
    I am in. Planning to start March 1, but pretty much started already over the weekend.

Will allow myself a bit of leeway when my DH and I go for 2 days to wine country for his b-day. Can't possibly avoid indulging in great wine and a bit of cheese there.

bix
    bix is offline Senior Member
    I'm in, will be starting tomorrow, no cheats or exceptions. only mod for me is no nuts, period.. cause I don't know when to stop.
    taking some "before" pics & measurements tonight, looking forward to tackling this!

shrona is offline Member
    I'm starting tomorrow also! So far today have eaten almond flour pancakes, about 1/2 a stick of butter, 1/2 a bar of dark chocolate, and an iced coffee with a boatload of cream and stevia. Also going out to dinner tonight . . . Getting it in while I can . In healthier news, I've started preparing for the week by making hard boiled eggs (if I want a snack it will be an egg, not chocolate or butter) and thawing out meat! I'm also going to take "before" pics tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Ok so here are my rules:

1) up to 2 cups of coffee a day and only before noon, and non caffeinated teas after this time.
    2) no dairy
    3) no sugars, of any kind
    4) when possible, only grassfed meats and wild seafood (I may make some exceptions here)
    5) meals shall consist of meats, eggs, veggies, healthy fats like coconut oil and whole 30 approved spices.
    6) no nuts or fruits (I really need to break my addictions here) except avocados and tomatoes.
    7) no smoking
    8) no processed foods (including meats, like bacon) of any kind
    9) drink plenty of fresh filtered water
    10) take vitamin D supplement and Omega 3 supplement daily
    11) go to bed at or before 11pm every day
    12) Weigh, measure and photograph myself only before and after the 30 day period. No weighing myself for 30 days.
    13) Fast only when I feel like fasting
    14) bonus day 31 is to be a 24 hour water fast
    15) keep things simple. don't try a bunch of new crap and recipes. Just eat what I know works.
    16) No booze. FML.

I am being extra restrictive because I really need to break my sugar addiction and also because I weigh in on April 5th for a competition with potential to win 500 dollars with a bunch of people on weight watchers- I have something to prove here, people.

Ok measurement and photo time. I am taking my picture in a bikini. One that is low rise enough to show my saggy post-having-twins belly. I want to see some progress here. The pictures and measurements will be posted at the end with the updated ones.
    Last edited by nopie; 02-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to you guys, I would join you all but I've already done a whole30 and I'm not really in the mindset to do another one. It's a challenge but I'm sure you will all be victorious (as I was!) it's really not too tough, the first 2 weeks are the hardest, so fight through it!

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    I am 100% in for March.

I'm going to have a bit of a cheat night tonight.

March 1 = no smoking, and 100% whole 30. Can't wait to see my results! I have my first race of the season in April and I have a feeling I am going to be looking and feeling pretty awesome for it!

I will be taking before pictures and measurements tonight, I believe.

SUPER EXCITED!
    A bit of a cheat night indeed! It has been epic my friend. EPIC. *wipes cookie dough ice cream off her face*
    It has involved all you can eat sushi, peanut butter cookies, and cookie dough ice cream. We should have had some booze too. As it is we're going to wake up feeling like garbage tomorrow.

I am 100% for March, and I'm super excited to start.
    Last edited by katydid317; 02-28-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid317 View Post
    A bit of a cheat night indeed! It has been epic my friend. EPIC.

I am 100% for March, and I'm super excited to start.
    Kaaaate... the ice cream is getting all warm and eaten...

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    I'm in for all except the dairy. I'm partial to an occasional bit of cheddar.

Grok on!

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck to everyone who will be engaging in this! I started my whole30 15 days ago and everything has been going great. I did it to basically get back in the swing of things and I have had lots of success!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast