Thread: I am grateful! page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

I am grateful!

Primal Fuel
    So I've recently discovered the Cafe Gratitude cook book. For those of you not familiar it is a raw, vegan restaurant here in the bay area. It dawned on me that if it is raw, it won't have grains or refined sugar or dairy and so there are a LOT of recipes that fall under the primal guidelines and all of their deserts are amazing for those special occasions when you want to delve into that 20%. They are creative and so much fun in accompaniment to our primal dishes. Amazing recipes for the dehydrator. Spinach tortillas so easy to make and (Cafe Gratitude would gasp!) tasted great wrapped around the pork butt I had cooked in the Tajine the night before. When I took the Tiramisu to work everyone chowed down and thought I had fallen off the wagon because there was no way this could be anything but the "real thing". Absolutely worth looking into!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to know vegans can finally be of some use.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hey, cows have always been super useful.

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    Amen to that!
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Glad to know vegans can finally be of some use.
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    As much fun as it is to tease Vegans - they can make some good side dishes - switching out grains for greens is easier if you know someone that knows how to cook them and the guy I get recipes from has forgot more about gardening then I'll ever know.
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup. a lot of vegan recipes are really good. i still use a fair few of them.

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Vegan cookbooks (especially raw vegan) are great for Primalizing. A few I recommend:

- Ani Phyo's Raw food Essentials (she has a great recipe for low-carb "tomato wrappers," various lovely salads, breads, smoothies, crepes, mains, sides, and great desserts).
    - Raw Food, Real World (for when you want to get really fancy)

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ate at Cafe Gratitude a few months ago and even though I am definitely neither raw nor vegan, I loved everything I had there! I'll definitely check out the cookbook. Thanks!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.