Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 69

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Lution View Post
    I just want to add one more sample.

I started tracking calories and macros on March 23 (not quite 3 weeks ago) after a long stall on any weight loss while remaining Primal to a fault. I have done what Paleobird and Kelda have done--more protein, less fat, carbs at about 50g/day, more exercise.

In that time I have lost 6 1/2 pounds and an inch off my waist. My body composition is changing. I have had to buy new pants. My husband is kind of in awe of the changes. So, yes, this works.
    Excellent! You know, I think we have really come up with something valuable here. I would hate for people to get into PB with all their heart and soul and then drift away as the results stall like that. Or to believe a chorus of people telling them to eat more fat and the fat will magically melt off only to pack on more pounds. Then the whole WOE gets dismissed as a fad along the lines of the "30 bananas a day" bunch.

PB has merit but it needs to be implemented sensibly and mindfully.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    And ironically our experience is what Art De Vany talks about in his book The New Evolution Diet. When I read it at Christmas I was a little miffed at his apparent fat phobia. Now I know he isn't fat phobic at all just mindful (and experienced enough with 30 years at his WOE) to know where the pitfalls are.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    which, btw, looks very primal under Mark's definitions too.

seriously.

and seriously, as soon as we made the adjustment to more protien and higher carb (since we are maintaining -- around 100g carbs), we no longer are light headed or anything. it's all about the balance.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    My 50 g carb level is all to do with mental health and feeling 'right' not maintenance! Apart from this last month I've not needed to (or lost) bodyweight since becoming Primal 17 months ago, but my body composition has changed of course.

Yes, I think on a number of occasions through this thread we've been back to Mark's PB and it is all there but somehow the message does seem to lean (pun intended!) more heavily on the fat angle.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Eva, congrats on breaking through the stalled weight loss.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Eva Lution is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Eva, congrats on breaking through the stalled weight loss.
    Thanks, Bodhi! I don't know if you saw it (somewhere in these hundreds of pages started by Paleobird and elsewhere on the forum) but I thanked you as well for comments and links that helped me get on the right track. It takes a village...
    Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don't eat has been proved to be indispensable for life. But I go marching on. ~George Bernard Shaw

Starting Weight (1/3/2011): 189
    Current Weight: 173

Goal: To be in the best shape ever by age 50! (5/11/2012)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    which, btw, looks very primal under Mark's definitions too.

seriously.
    Very right Zoe. But the PB as written in the book gets drowned out by the chorus of people on the forum just having such fun chugging down shots of bacon drippings.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    And ironically our experience is what Art De Vany talks about in his book The New Evolution Diet. When I read it at Christmas I was a little miffed at his apparent fat phobia. Now I know he isn't fat phobic at all just mindful (and experienced enough with 30 years at his WOE) to know where the pitfalls are.
    I've been planning to read that one. It sounds much closer to what I need.

But I love how people on this forum make fun of him as that crazy fat phobic guy.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wasn't commenting on anyone else's ratios or amounts of food, btw. I really *do not* care what other people eat or how. I think that each person finds the right way to apply the principles to themselves, and then it adjusts as their health changes.

We made the adjustment that we needed to make to no longer feel light headed. First was increasing protein, then increasing carbs -- which follows the PB.