Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Carbs:
    Eggs - 1 g
    Starbucks - 33 g
    3 oz red wine - 2 g
    Chili (with brown beans) - 31 g
    Coconut heart - 2 g

Yesterday was not a typical day.

I'm trying this to see if it will do anything. 2 weeks in and I lost 2 lbs.
    Lesson learned from that thankfully un-typical day. No more starbucks and no more beans. Eat more eggs and make beanless chili.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the next time I feel the need for a $tarbucks, I'll just get the Tazo Chai, NOT the Latte.

The beans won't be as easy. The rest of my family is not primal, and they like beans in their chili...
    I'd have to take mine out before the beans are added, and that only works if I'm the one cooking.
    50% of the time, it's my Farmer who cooks.

I've eaten more eggs in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last year...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    @Wine: where does one find a Farmer to cook for you? I could use one of those at my house!

Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    @Wine: where does one find a Farmer to cook for you? I could use one of those at my house!
    Well, let me think...
    You have to go to a Tractor Pull at a small agricultural fair.
    Then you have to choose the "right" pick up truck.
    Hopefully when you open the passenger door, the Farmer will fall out...drunk, of course
    Then you have to pat his back while he throws up while your girlfriend is yelling at the driver for getting him drunk
    Then you make sure he has a ride home.

Wait a couple of months.
    Go to a farmer's annual meeting and dance.
    Wait for the same Farmer to "see" you (he'll claim it's for the 1st time)
    And then work your magic

(he claims it was a communist plot )
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Today's Food
    L: (at work) 1.25 cups of left over ham, a coconut heart. I brought an avocado, but it was too hard and didn’t taste right so I didn’t eat it.
    Pre dinner: 2 Jamacian Rum Creams
    D: 1 cup of Steak, cup of sweet potato, cup of squash, cup of cauliflower (lots of veggies tonight). Chai with coconut milk.

CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1010
    Protein: 73 g (31%)
    Carbs: 55 g (35%)
    Fat: 42 g (34%)

Protein is good, but calories are really low.
    I feel comfortably full
    I may eat something later...if I feel hungry...

I came home tonight to a clean house and supper in the oven
    I love my Farmer
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

svelting is offline Member
    Love this thread and have been following Paleobird's "trued-up Primal plan" for a week. I think I'm down about 2 lbs, which makes me smile a little.

I thought I'd link to Paleobird's key posts in this thread, #385 about who should and shouldn't consider this approach and #393 - her approach to macronutrients, calories and primal.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    See what the scales say for your weight. Then you need some way of working out your bf, this is the more tricky bit as it's notoriously inaccurate but I've been caliper tested a number of times so have a reasonable idea although my scales always say I'm fatter. For the purposes of working out protein requirement I'm saying I want to be 16-18% bf at my goal weight. So my lean mass will be 84-82% of my goal weight (or if that's a lot lower than your current weight use your current weight or you could be too low on protein). Then if you are very active use 1 g per resulting lb, less active you can probably go nearer 0.7 g.
    Thank you
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by svelting View Post
    Love this thread and have been following Paleobird's "trued-up Primal plan" for a week. I think I'm down about 2 lbs, which makes me smile a little.

I thought I'd link to Paleobird's key posts in this thread, #385 about who should and shouldn't consider this approach and #393 - her approach to macronutrients, calories and primal.
    Yay you!. It's fun to be seeing progress.

Thank you for linking those posts. This thread has gotten huge and it's hard to sift through it all to find things.

mystic is online now Senior Member
    Huge thread with lots of interesting info. Will definatly give the extra protien a try. Congrats on your success.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    OK today's eating (and this rounds out 7 days worth) - a day of snacking whilst I did an 8 hour stint of editing a Slovak translation - my brain clearly needed feeding!

Breakfast - 50 g of drained prunes, scrambled eggs, ham, 2 small rasher grilled bacon, half a tomato two small mushrooms
    Snacks - 2 oz camembert, 2 oz brazil nuts, my 85% allowance, nakd bar (it was an 8 hour stint LOL!)
    Dinner - BAS small can of tuna, 100 g of natural Greek yog and 80 g of berries
    5 fl oz glass of red wine (first alcohol for a week)

Totals according to Fitday - 1,991 calories 129.1 g of fat 57% 76.1 g carbs 15% 109.0 g 22% protein - plus the alcohol 6%

Salad and a little fruit today loaded the carbs

Training - did 45 minutes of yoga first thing before breakfast

Over the week I have averaged 1774 calories with a 28%/11%/60% - protein/carb/fat split - the missing 1% is the red wine

I've logged 4 hours of yoga, 5:30 cycling, a weights session, 1:30 walking and 1:15 swimming - I would have ridden today had it not been for having to work :-( chained to my netbook!

Tomorrow morning is the weigh-in - we shall see!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast