Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 55

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So far today I've had six eggs for breakfast plus wheatgrass juice.
    IFed lunch because I was doing the other half of the "useless nostrum" about eating less and exercising more, namely a really good LHT workout.
    I just ate 1lb of goat meat for dinner plus veggies. I am so stuffed. (Slow cooked with cardamom, cumin, coriander, garlic, chopped onion, and just a bit of water at the bottom for moisture. Oh Nom.)
    Even if I have half a panther bar and a half a bottle of wine I would still only be right at 1500 for the day. And right now I couldn't eat another bite.

No deprivation going on here.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But I think it is also possible to be overfed and undernourished on PB if one goes "hog wild" with the fat. You get to satiety and stop eating but leave out essential nutrients and protein. I think this could be the source of many a craving.
    Yes, this is exactly the point Art De Vany makes and is part of why he is less high fat than some paleos also why he encourages the use of BCAA in order to transition from high carb cravings to eating our way, it lessens cravings because it gives the body what it needs so it turns off the 'keep looking' signal. Obviously we can get all BCAAs from the full range of meat but for those that have trouble (financially or otherwise) eating a lot more protein it has the same effect.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And right now I couldn't eat another bite.
    Not even a wafer thin mint?
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Not even a wafer thin mint?
    F@#k off, I'm full!

runman1954 is offline Member
    I say just live the life and let what happens happen. Life is too short. I've lost about 25 lbs and then it's really slowed down. I quit weighing myself after I lost the initial amount. All body chart's suggest I should weigh about 170, I'm currently at 198, gone from a 38 waist to a 34. From this point forward I'm just living the lifestyle, I don't stress about workouts or meals. If your honest about what your eating and your exercise then don't sweat it. How do you feel? I think that's important. Finally, how do you look naked? That's the physical test. If you look at yourself in the mirror naked and like what you see, screw the rest.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcule View Post
    MamaGrok, I still get bloated from too many liquids, especially if I sip a lot and drink with my meals. My gastroenterologist suggested this might be an issue for me years ago, I thought she was crazy... until I tried not drinking more than a little liquid with meals, and drinking my water for the day in large amounts three or four times a day rather than sipping, sipping, all day long. I think I swallow a lot of air with my liquids involuntarily. She also said that constant liquid intake can lead to overproduction/dis-regulation of stomach juices, etc.

I also get bloated from nothing when I'm having hormonal issues. Rarely now as I've been primal for a good while. I don't have kids but in the past I had problems with irregular cycles and possible ovarian cysts.
    Yep, I used to drink water in between bites during meals in order to 'make the food go down,' ugh. I would always get ridiculously bloated. Recently I've made a conscious effort to not drink water with my meals or soon after or before, for better digestion.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Paleobird I just saw something out of the corner of my eye. What do you think it might be?
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcule View Post
    MamaGrok, I still get bloated from too many liquids, especially if I sip a lot and drink with my meals. ... I also get bloated from nothing when I'm having hormonal issues.
    Thanks. I really appreciate having more paths to look down. I don't drink during meals, don't drink much at all really (compared to my former die-hard 8+ cups a day, really not thirsty much anymore now that I'm not eating grains or sugar and am eating lots of fresh fruits & veggies and bone broth). I'm in lactational amenorrhea still, very stable hormone-wise.

But you remind me of the stomach juice issue - I took HCl until the stomach discomfort told me I didn't need it anymore (about 6 months), but I still wonder if that doesn't have some part. The bloating is in the intestinal area, not high up in my stomach, but still could be enzymes. I think I'll go check into digestive enzymes again.

Back to your normally scheduled calorie counting thread ...
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    F@#k off, I'm full!
    Oh sir, just...just one?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzwell View Post
    I was polite first . YOU started this. I gave what research found and you started the snarky tone.

I know more about this than most. I have put in the hours. My blog actually has the research unlike Colpo's which is misinformation.

My orginal response even had a smiley face.

You just do not like what I have to say. Plain and simple.

Some poeple liek to turn a blind eye to what sceince has turned up. I get that now.
    I personally have NO interest in reading ANYTHING you linked because you are coming off as such an ass that I have no desire to explore your ideas. You have done a great job of turning me off to your resources. I appreciate it.

The caps in your posts are a HUGE put off. Can't STAND when people are condescending like that.

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast