Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 53

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kestrelsf View Post
    F- The last 10 pounds... the elusive 6 pack! Time will tell! I'm not sure that it is even possible to go from morbidly obese to ripped. If anyone has, I'd love to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Isn't Rivvin a good example of that?
    I'd have to see more shirtless pictures of Rivvin to judge.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Am I remembering right that you did whole 30 in February? When did you finish it?
    Good memory but I called it 30 DONN, because I included butter. I started it January 27 and I finished Feb 25.
    I lost NO weight during this time, but I did lose a few inches although this (measurement) time period covered Christmas, a Jamaican vacation and 30 DONN:

Feb 26 Measurements:
    The last time I measured was on Dec 1st.
    Since then I’ve lost:
    .5” from my bust (of course)
    .25” from my ribcage
    .25” from my stomach
    0” from my hips
    1” from my right THIGH!!! (I can ONLY assume the same happened on my left)
    .5” from my left upper arm!
    But I GAINED .5” on my waist. (But that measurement has ALWAYS fluctuated wildly.)

The location of the loss looks like gut stuff. Did you feel bloated? (can you tell I'm searching anywhere I can for solutions to bloating?!) Do you think you had water, gas, or hrm, maybe old stuff in there, or do you think it was pretty much abdominal fat?
    I wasn't bloated. Since becoming primal I only bloat if I have grains.
    I think (hope) it was fat
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-18-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KestrelSF View Post
    I'd have to see more shirtless pictures of Rivvin to judge.
    I echo this. The world needs more shirtless pictures of Riv. For purely scientific documentation of course.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    I echo this. The world needs more shirtless pictures of Riv. For purely scientific documentation of course.
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Paleobird Guest
    ?
    This sounds like a great option, too! I assume the game is free ranging over grass, not subdivisions full of crap or corn fields or soy farms?
    Nope, all free range and organic plus much tastier than a capsule.

Paleobird Guest
    That boy can make me a sandwich any time he wants.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzwell View Post
    Who are YOU to say that ? I OUTRANK you.

I know I'm going against my own anti -troll feeding advice here but this was just too funny. I didn't realize that there were ranks on an internet forum.
    roflmao............

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Nobody is saying anything about Dr. Friedman. My guess is that there is nothing wrong with what Dr. Friedman is saying. I suspect, however, that you don't understand it very well.

Your consistent need to keep citing the inaccuracy of calorie counts would suggest that you really haven't considered the logical implications of what you cite. Because there's a very logical reason why that may be a relevant argument against using calorie counts as the primary tool for maintaining a healthy weight but have little relevance to using calorie counts to lose weight. Here's a hint. We're not aiming for homeostasis when we lose weight.
    Thank you, scooby. What our favorite troll doesn't understand is that Dr Friedman's work on leptin deficiency/ insensitivity is interesting but not relevant to my case because I don't have those conditions. Even Dr. Friedman states that only 10% of obesity cases are purely a leptin issue. He says that it may be a factor to some degree in others. Translation: he's still working on that one. While we wait for the genius to come up with the answer to life, the universe, and everything, shall we just sit around and fry up some bacon? No. We should do the exact thing Dr. Friedman says we should do at the end of his talk, eat a healthy diet, exercise, and try to get leaner. It would be easy to cherry pick a few statements from that lecture like the homeostasis argument or the inaccuracy of labeling and use that as an excuse to give up any effort.

I totally agree with Dr. Friedman that stigmatizing obesity and the obese is wrong. What I really resent is the accusation by our troll that I ever did this. Even more than the profanity and massive overuse of the caps lock key, for this Raz owes me an apology.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    On a lighter note...

So, if psychologically you can get past ordering "dogfood", these are a really good deal.
    I won't have a problem with the "Dog Food". However, I might have to share.

...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    woman's best fre&#105.jpg

Yes, I have to share too.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast