Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 52

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My condolences about your sister, Patty.
    Thank you
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzwell View Post
    Why did you even ASK this question if you "KNOW " the answer ?

Calorie lables are not accurate. You'd be off by at least 12 % leading to " weight gain ". Counting calories is an exercise for the ignorant. Complete futility. Portion sizes are a better idea. INTUITIVE EATING.
    I do agree with you on the portion control part but I log my foods and I do not consider myself ignorant or stupid or any other demeaning label that may come to mind. I log my foods so I can see protein counts, fat counts, carb counts, things like that which I probably will drop after I get in tune with what is in what and in what percentages.

Paleobird Guest
    And, thanks to Bodhi once more about the insight into protein being central to making this work. *She says while finishing the last of her 6 egg omelette*

I have a goat leg in the crock pot stewing for dinner. Another interesting thing on the ElkUSA site is that they have nutritional info for many game meats that are not commonly included in tracking programs such as Sparkpeople. So now I have entered goat meat into their data base (goat is incredibly lean but very high in protein). And my recipe for primal meatballs is in there too. Primalizing Sparkpeople, one meal at a time.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    I do agree with you on the portion control part but I log my foods and I do not consider myself ignorant or stupid or any other demeaning label that may come to mind. I log my foods so I can see protein counts, fat counts, carb counts, things like that which I probably will drop after I get in tune with what is in what and in what percentages.
    Patty, please don't feed the troll. I know, it's hard to resist when someone accuses you of being ignorant while telling you that your attitude is the problem. But let it go. He will get bored and crawl back under his bridge if we ignore him.

Patty, please don't feed the troll. I know, it's hard to resist when someone accuses you of being ignorant while telling you that your attitude is the problem. But let it go. He will get bored and crawl back under his bridge if we ignore him.
    ok.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Paleo - I congratulate you on the progress.

I admire strong women, whether it is in the muscles or the mind, or both.

scooby is offline Member
    Will you WATCH and LISTEN to Dr. Friedman's lectures and try to understand what he is saying ? Yes or no ?

ONLY on the Internet could someone say "Dr. Friedman is all wrong". You are acting just as whacky as those 30 bananas a day loons.
    Nobody is saying anything about Dr. Friedman. My guess is that there is nothing wrong with what Dr. Friedman is saying. I suspect, however, that you don't understand it very well.

Your consistent need to keep citing the inaccuracy of calorie counts would suggest that you really haven't considered the logical implications of what you cite. Because there's a very logical reason why that may be a relevant argument against using calorie counts as the primary tool for maintaining a healthy weight but have little relevance to using calorie counts to lose weight. Here's a hint. We're not aiming for homeostasis when we lose weight. We don't have to be exactly -500 calories. Precision isn't that important. We can aim for -700 calories and be pretty sure we'll at least be around -500 calories. So, whatever the limitations of calorie counting in the weight loss context, inaccuracy isn't really relevant. It's easily controlled for.

Will you WATCH and LISTEN to Dr. Friedman's lectures and try to understand what he is saying ? Yes or no ?
    yes, please provide a link. that is how I learn things; by listening to many different pov`s, conduct research and make up my own mind and experiment with my own body. I know you didn`t call me ignorant outright but blanket statements such as calorie counting is for ignorant people puts those that do on defense and then you lose any chance of teaching anyone anything.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Paleo - I congratulate you on the progress.

I admire strong women, whether it is in the muscles or the mind, or both.
    Thank you, Moo. 7lbs down and the workouts are feeling better than ever. Eating less and moving more may be a "useless nostrum" but it's working.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 03-18-2011 at 03:50 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Since Feb 26 (my last weigh/measure), I have LOST 2 lbs!!!!
    I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I was “stuck” at 148 for months!

Measurements:
    Loss since Feb 26:
    .25” from my ribcage,
    .5” from my waist
    .75” from my stomach
    .5” from my hips
    My thighs and arms stayed the same
    Am I remembering right that you did whole 30 in February? When did you finish it?

The location of the loss looks like gut stuff. Did you feel bloated? (can you tell I'm searching anywhere I can for solutions to bloating?!) Do you think you had water, gas, or hrm, maybe old stuff in there, or do you think it was pretty much abdominal fat?

Yes, the company is called Grande Natural Meats (Grande with an e like the Rio) Their website is ElkUSA.com They sell these blends in their "dogfood" section quite inexpensively because they can't get people to buy the offal. They swear it is all human quality stuff and no intestines or anything in the mix. So, if psychologically you can get past ordering "dogfood", these are a really good deal. They also sell all kinds of other cuts of game meats, not just these ground blends.
    I buy Dr. Ron's dessicated organ capsules, which are all grassfed. This sounds like a great option, too! I assume the game is free ranging over grass, not subdivisions full of crap or corn fields or soy farms?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast