Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 51

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    This is a very useful thread! I've kind of hit a weight plateau myself around 155 lbs, and being 5'1", getting to a 'normal' weight would mean <135 lbs.
    I'm 5' 1/2" and I started at 155.
    Yeah, the height/weight charts are "scary" when you are short
    I was "stuck" at 148 for months!

Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    now I have to comply to it better than I have before in order to see more changes, as well as include more exercise I think. Once I get to long-term compliance I can start figuring out the calories. It's really useful to know that I need to make sure to get in my 400-600 calories of protein every day though.
    Counting calories/macros, increasing my protein, and exercising more for the past few weeks has resulted in a 2lb loss!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Paleobird Guest
    You were being a pedantic jerk, not supportive but I'm not sure you understand the difference.

In any case... Once you have brought profanity to the mix.........

Everybody else. The Please Don't Feed The Troll sign is hereby being put up.

Raz, go harass a billy goat under your troll bridge. You are not welcome here.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    The protein was KEY to ending the sugar battle. I do know that.
    -- MamaGrok

+1. It also helped me kick the grains. Lesson learned, get 1 gram per lb of body weight the protein! Measure for a while, until you can do it by sight. I hadn't read this thread for a few days and I just did a quick scan of it. I saw someone mentioned cortisol. That's what I've been researching today. Its disappointing. Looks like I'm going to have to eat livers and kidneys. I don't think I'll be able to get brains. Why do I need brains, livers, and kidneys? Well, it seems the best thing to block cortisol is Phosphatidylserine. The best source of Phosphatidylserine is cow brains. The supplement Phosphatidylserine used to be made from cow brains. After the mad cow scare manufacturers switched to soy. So I'm off to gather up some more recipes for brains, livers, and kidneys. Oh yea, chicken hearts are supposed to be rich in Phosphatidylserine.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm going for awesomeness.
    Me too!!! And I figure if I don`t reach awesomeness at least I will be one almost awesome hot mama at 50....that`s giving me 4 years to reach my awesome state! lol. I`m sorry about your cancer battle and all you had to go through; I wish my sister would`ve won. I`ve heard many people say they thank their disease for teaching them certain lessons in life; I hope you were on the receiving end of that as well Cheers
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Shit...pedantic...I had to look it up.

pedantic--Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules.

My Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    -- MamaGrok

+1. It also helped me kick the grains. Lesson learned, get 1 gram per lb of body weight the protein! Measure for a while, until you can do it by sight. I hadn't read this thread for a few days and I just did a quick scan of it. I saw someone mentioned cortisol. That's what I've been researching today. Its disappointing. Looks like I'm going to have to eat livers and kidneys. I don't think I'll be able to get brains. Why do I need brains, livers, and kidneys? Well, it seems the best thing to block cortisol is Phosphatidylserine. The best source of Phosphatidylserine is cow brains. The supplement Phosphatidylserine used to be made from cow brains. After the mad cow scare manufacturers switched to soy. So I'm off to gather up some more recipes for brains, livers, and kidneys. Oh yea, chicken hearts are supposed to be rich in Phosphatidylserine.
    I found some game meat blends for sale on the net that are a mix of muscle meat, liver, kidney, heart, and tongue. They come in goat, elk, red deer, white tail deer, and bison varieties. I'm using them for all kinds of great cooking like meatballs and marinara and meatloaves. It's a great way for those of us who know we should eat more offal but are still a little squeamish to work it into our diet.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    Me too!!! And I figure if I don`t reach awesomeness at least I will be one almost awesome hot mama at 50....that`s giving me 4 years to reach my awesome state! lol. I`m sorry about your cancer battle and all you had to go through; I wish my sister would`ve won. I`ve heard many people say they thank their disease for teaching them certain lessons in life; I hope you were on the receiving end of that as well Cheers
    My condolences about your sister, Patty. Yes, I did learn a lot about appreciating every moment of life and really living it in the moment.
    I have one year until 50. Awesomeness is worth it.

Paleobird Guest
    Shit...pedantic...I had to look it up.

pedantic--Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules.
    Kind of fits. Don't you think? Particularly the ostentatious part.

@ Paleobird, yes it does.

I found some game meat blends for sale on the net that are a mix of muscle meat, liver, kidney, heart, and tongue. They come in goat, elk, red deer, white tail deer, and bison varieties. I'm using them for all kinds of great cooking like meatballs and marinara and meatloaves. It's a great way for those of us who know we should eat more offal but are still a little squeamish to work it into our diet.
    Do you have links to said products?

My Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    @ Paleobird, yes it does.

Do you have links to said products?
    Yes, the company is called Grande Natural Meats (Grande with an e like the Rio) Their website is ElkUSA.com They sell these blends in their "dogfood" section quite inexpensively because they can't get people to buy the offal. They swear it is all human quality stuff and no intestines or anything in the mix. So, if psychologically you can get past ordering "dogfood", these are a really good deal. They also sell all kinds of other cuts of game meats, not just these ground blends.

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast