Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 32

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've read PB twice in the last year and still have to go back to refresh on various bits. I looked up the protein recommendation again yesterday, which is where I got the figures quoted earlier up the thread and what struck me is that Mark quite happily lists the figures and amounts to aim at and no one considers him anal about calorie counting! I think he'd approve of Paleobird's thread here!

Go back to PB and look at those sections where he works out Mrs Korg's proposed Primal diet, it should really help. Like a I said before most females don't eat enough protein, Art De Vany recognizes this point too in his book The New Evolution Diet and I've read it over at thatpaleoguy's blogspot too where he did a brilliant couple of posts looking at female hormones and training a little while back.

And then there's my favourite already quoted 'definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'!

Art is also a great fan of varying this day by day, the fractal/chaos principle to keep the body guessing - Mark too has very varied days of eating and stresses you need to look over the longer period, perhaps a week or so at a time, or longer.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    How did you come up with 105 g`s? 100 which is my LBM at my goal weight of 130 lbs times .7 is 70. Told you I suck at Math lol
    I was responding to one further up zoebird's I think, but our posts crossed! I'm dongled through my Blackberry which is a bit tortuous!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    I was responding to one further up zoebird's I think, but our posts crossed! I'm dongled through my Blackberry which is a bit tortuous!
    LOL...gotcha :-)
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    My BMI is 22% and my LBM is 105.
    How did you come up with 105?
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Wow, my target intake is about the same as yours, I don't know that I can eat 6 eggs at a sitting, even without bacon.

Just out of curiousity, how did the macros look on this meal? I assume you used fat to cook the eggs, in the salad dressing and in the curry?
    I am going through eggs pretty quickly. I'm hitting a 40/15/45 ratio of protein/carbs/fat.

I have been using a bit of the curry broth to cook things in. It's a mix of chicken broth, coconut milk, and fresh curry sauce from Henrys (the only packaged curry I've ever found that has no sugar. I figured out the calorie /serving on the sparkrecipes section of sparkpeople. A bit of this broth mix also makes a salad dressing. For the eggs I just put a finger in the jar of coconut oil and smear the thinnest layer possible in a good non stick pan, like 1/20th of a tsp. That's all you really need.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 03-08-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    I've read PB twice in the last year and still have to go back to refresh on various bits. I looked up the protein recommendation again yesterday, which is where I got the figures quoted earlier up the thread and what struck me is that Mark quite happily lists the figures and amounts to aim at and no one considers him anal about calorie counting! I think he'd approve of Paleobird's thread here!

Go back to PB and look at those sections where he works out Mrs Korg's proposed Primal diet, it should really help. Like a I said before most females don't eat enough protein, Art De Vany recognizes this point too in his book
    Thank you, Kelda.

Paleobird Guest
    So today I ate:
    6 eggs again
    wheatgrass/hempmilk smoothie

IFed lunch because I was out walking a half marathon

had 3 chicken breasts with curry sauce over a BAS for dinner

If I snack on panther bar tonight that comes to about 1400 calories. Still under my target of 1500. I might have a glass of wine too.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    @Pattyd -- Patty, you are a Beachbody coach so I would think you should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I've seen Tony's beachbody program and it looks like it would be a lot of activity. I would try different levels of protein and see which one gives you the results you want. I would think you would want to hold on to the 105 LBM.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 03-08-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more thoughts
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    The past two days have been awesome. Yesterday I did an LHT and today walked 13 miles. I really think the increased protein intake is helping my body with the workouts. I don't feel nearly as tired as without it.

Ladies, get your protein.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    @Pattyd -- Patty, you are a Beachbody coach so I would think you should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I've seen Tony's beachbody program and it looks like it would be a lot of activity. I would try different levels of protein and see which one gives you the results you want. I would think you would want to hold on to the 105 LBM.
    Thanks Bodhi. I`ll play around with it. It`s hard for me to get in that much protein....even with a supplemental shake. 80 is hard! lol
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast