Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality check: Counting calories page 23

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Thank you Meghan. You have just given me a recipe idea for using up my bacon. I have a bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken boobs that have been in the freezer a while. I'll use them both up together.

See, the problem with me and bacon is I have trouble stopping at just one or two strips. If I fry up a 1/2 lb package, before I know it, I've scarfed the whole thing down. Most people here talk about the urge to binge on sweet stuff. That holds no appeal for me. If you put an Outback Steak House "bloomin' onion" all 4000 calories of greasy salty fried yumminess, in front of me I will finish it, even if I'm not really hungry.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a George Forman grill? I use that for cooking small amounts of bacon. I also let the Groklings use it to make bacon for themselves

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    Do you have a George Forman grill? I use that for cooking small amounts of bacon. I also let the Groklings use it to make bacon for themselves
    I have just about every kitchen gadget ever invented but not one of those. That might be a good idea for being able to grill things without adding lots of fat.

And for making just a few pieces f bacon so you don't over eat it

I am on Sparkpeople too, we have a Paleo Team. http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g...individual.asp Stay away from the main Diet & Nutrition Board, the dietitian is a nincompoop (read moron/passive aggressive bitch).

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's not enough for me. If that means I have to be vigilant and exercise some self discipline, I'm willing to do that.
    I actually wasn't implying some of what you say is extreme - but all together some of the thread adds up to extreme. I don't have anything like 30lbs to lose - so again, not in your shoes. I am working damn hard to be the best i can - not "coasting" - but extreme measures are out - how you define "extreme" is subjective and individual. To someone who barely works out, my exercise routine would seem extreme even now perhaps. To someone following CW or SAD my diet for certain is.
    Its about your "personal line in the sand."
    Finally - the quote. I hope you did not mean to be as patronising as that comes across. I am exercising plenty of vigilance (Day 29(44) of a whole 44 doesn't allow for much slap happy eating when you do it "WHOLE" and as for self discipline - its before 8am on Saturday and I am about to go to the gym.

So, with that off my chest I'll just go "kick back" and let whatever the hell happens to my body as a result of taking my eye off the ball so much happen I guess .
    Last edited by denise; 03-04-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have just about every kitchen gadget ever invented but not one of those. That might be a good idea for being able to grill things without adding lots of fat.
    I recently got a Cuisinart Griller and love it. The new models have reverrsible grill/griddle plates and you can buy waffle plates. Can be used open like a griddle or closed.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    I can maintain where I am with relative ease and enjoy my life at the same time. Sure, I could probably lose 10 or 20 pounds based upon someone's interpretation of where I should be on a height-weight chart or a BMI chart or whatever, but it would likely take a massive amount of effort and tracking and obsessing.
    I can also maintain where I am with relative ease. I've done it for the past 6 months.
    But I have at least 30 lbs to lose. (Probably more - depending on the "chart" used.)
    So I feel the same as Paleobird.
    I've got to try the "massive amount of effort and tracking and obsessing".
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    I am on Sparkpeople too, we have a Paleo Team. http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g...individual.asp Stay away from the main Diet & Nutrition Board, the dietitian is a nincompoop (read moron/passive aggressive bitch).
    I am on there as well (SparkPeople). EVERY day they comment that I didn't meet my "carb" requirement they set. EVERY day they tell me not to fall into the "low carb fad diet" trend!

Carrie

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
    I am on there as well (SparkPeople). EVERY day they comment that I didn't meet my "carb" requirement they set. EVERY day they tell me not to fall into the "low carb fad diet" trend!

Carrie
    OK, I've got to ask this ... why use it then! Whenever I want to check out food breakdown (and I don't do it often at all) I go to fitday - you can have your own list of foods you go to regularly, and add foods you make in the kitchen. And nobody says anything about my 67% fat, 23% protein, 10% carbs from vegetables, EVER!

SparkPeople sounds like Big Brother to me and has the potential to undermine what you feel is right for you.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast