Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: In Fear of Food page

runnergal is offline Senior Member

In Fear of Food

Shop Now
    I left CW for PB relieved that I never had to eat dry toast without butter or the sawdust known as a boneless skinless chicken breast again. Butter, bacon and red meat were back on the list. Of course from that I learned to fear grains and legumes and heating olive oil beyond room temperature.

But, I've been reading the forums and so now I know that I have to fear:
    fruit and tubers (because I have to keep my carbs below 20)
    nightshades (I'm a little unclear as to why but I may or may not have an autoimmune disease)
    eggs (depression)
    nuts (they are poisonous I tell you, POISONOUS)
    dairy (oh bye bye butter)
    coffee
    salt
    bacon (wait...I just got you back!)
    eating in a window larger than 4 hours a day (I did read on the forum that EVERYONE should limit their eating to a 4-6 hour window)

So I settled down to my big ass salad (minus the carrots, peppers, tomatoes and flavor) with a 3 lb steak on top and continued to read.

Oh shit, avocados are too high in omega 6 so despite the fact that coconut oil makes me sick, I tried to pour coconut oil on my big ass salad. It formed an interesting waxy coating and made me feel like I was eating suntan lotion, but all in the name of health.

But then I started considering my meat. I mean whole foods SAID it was grass fed, but how do I know? I didnt see the cow's home. I decided I was best off learning to hunt.

After some trial and error and brushes with the licensing laws of various type of hunting implements I settled down to my salad with venison and suntan lotion

And then I thought. I had to turn down my place in the CSA run by my best friend because now the only veggies I could eat were lettuce, spinach, zucchini and cucumbers - everything else was either a nightshade, a grain, a legume or a tuber or a high carb winter squash. But while hanging out on her farm I heard her talk about her deer problems. See, the wild deer were wandering on to the farms and eating produce. And perhaps not just veggies. Wheat, oats and corn were being damaged as well. Maybe by deer.

Oh shit....what if the deer I shot had wandered into a field somewhere and eaten some wheat? One mouthful of wheat would render the omega3: omega6 balance useless! Best to stick with fish on my salad. BUT who knows what the HELL is in that store bought so called wild fish. Probably just farm raised toxic omega 3 free fish.

So I bought a boat and some fishing gear (boy they werent kidding when they said PB was expensive) I caught some tuna but had to throw it back because of the mercury. And the toxic waste in the Columbia river made me leary of the salmon and trout I caught. Sardines. Sardines are tiny little fish so they dont have much time to absorb toxins. But by then I was told it was the wrong season to fish for sardines myself. And the fact that I was out of vacation time to travel to the ocean. So I set out to buy some canned sardines.

But then I read about BPA lining in canned foods and decided that wasnt safe. Who needs all those estrogen precursors.

So...in true grok fashion I decided the only truly safe form of protein were the insects. Harder to catch in suburbia than you might think. At least I have my many hours of low level exercise down. (which was a relief because 2 weeks ago on one of my runs my HR slipped up to 76% and I have been afraid to run ever since)

But then I realized the grubs were mostly feeding on grass roots and other pesticide laden things in suburbia.

Damn.

So as I sit down to my lettuce, zucchini, cucumber and suntan lotion salad, I now under stand why some folks find it easy to eat only once a day. My hair is falling out but that's ok because then I wont need shampoo.
    Last edited by runnergal; 02-27-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    LMFAO. Thank you. I needed that.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    nightshades (I'm a little unclear as to why but I may or may not have an autoimmune disease)
    Lmao.

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    MountainDew likes this.
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    :applause:
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    *slow clap standing ovation*

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, truly epic!
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    NICE, m'lady. I bow in your general direction.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

localad is offline Senior Member
    Runnergal I luv u, x.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Suicide is the only choice now. lol

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast