Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In Fear of Food page 4

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And this is Why I Told you way back when, that it was kinda cultish.... See? you have seriously paid attention. xxxooo

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    it's very funny.

i do not eat coconut oil. i know. it's funny. i use it on my skin, use it for oil pulling, but i cannot bring myself to eat it or cook with it. i cook with lard/bacon fat or butter.
    we use coconut oil for, um, "other" purposes so i can't really eat it straight from the jar. we still use it in cooking though.

it can really become overwhelming. thanks for the laugh.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    @ everyone. It actually cleared my thought process to write it.

@ Princess - meh, you know I hang out in the swamp and like it....
    Last edited by runnergal; 02-27-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: head cleared, typos abundant
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    That should probably be reposted on occasion in certain threads!

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    LMAO!!!

btw, pet stores sell crickets if you're into the bug thing, but make sure they are only fed organic, grain free dog food and have access to sunlight and unsprayed pasture. Good luck!!

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Ok... don't laugh.. ok you can laugh.

This is exactly how I feel trying to start out on PB. I am stuck in the horrible mental cycle of "I'm f*ing this up". I'm either eating too much, or not enough and feel hungry but I don't have coconut oil, so I have to cook with olive oil, but that is supposed to be bad... etc. Trying to live in a place were nothing is labeled so I can't even tell the % fat in my ground beef which is not organic because I can't get organic meat here. So trying to get low fat meat and supplementing with fish oil. But the only fish oil I can find is over 40$ and that is like more then half of my grocery bill. etc.

PB for me right now = stress = fail.

Then I am getting so stressed about not being able to find the things to eat that I am sure it is stopping all my efforts.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    LOL that was funny . Even though I am one of those people who has a lot of health issues and is following a strict whole30 type plan at the moment which I think I need to do longer term to heal my gut from celiac damage. I am sure there are a lot of people who don't need to worry so much. And I am not giving up avocados lol.

I am pretty sure my psychologist SIL thinks I have orthorexia after how she reacted when I told her I don't eat rice!
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 02-28-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

slacker is offline Senior Member
    *slow clap standing ovation*

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Ok... don't laugh.. ok you can laugh.

This is exactly how I feel trying to start out on PB. I am stuck in the horrible mental cycle of "I'm f*ing this up". I'm either eating too much, or not enough and feel hungry but I don't have coconut oil, so I have to cook with olive oil, but that is supposed to be bad... etc. Trying to live in a place were nothing is labeled so I can't even tell the % fat in my ground beef which is not organic because I can't get organic meat here. So trying to get low fat meat and supplementing with fish oil. But the only fish oil I can find is over 40$ and that is like more then half of my grocery bill. etc.

PB for me right now = stress = fail.

Then I am getting so stressed about not being able to find the things to eat that I am sure it is stopping all my efforts.

Keep it simple. Just follow hte basic premise and don't get wrapped up in the details. Don't eat grains, beans or potatoes. If you start there you will already be improving your health immensely. Let the rest happen as it may.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I have to say, though. I do miss beer. I had to find primal right after they started having good gluten-free beer here, didn't I?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast