Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: In Fear of Food page 12

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    *bows*
    Why thank you.

the_puma is offline Junior Member
    As a starting PB-er, I have to say this was much needed comic relief. I think this is directed at me. I have been beating myself up for eating an extra piece of dark chocolate... so you know... probably not great :P thank you though!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    It's exactly what I have been thinking...all the attention to diet do's and don't's mean that we forget about the other PB principle of reducing stress.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Penady is offline Senior Member
    Awesome post! I'm still relatively new to PB, but I think I have the basics down. Hanging out on the forums sometimes makes me feel like a little bit of a loser because I can't rattle off inane facts about this or that. A lot of people take PB to a pretty extreme place, which is a turn off for me because I was originally attracted to it because it was so rational, made so much sense, and didn't seem quite so dogmatic as other approaches I've tried in the past. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the ridiculousness in the forums.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    I think it's fair to point out that PB is about getting down to a healthy weight and fitness level, but some people want to get down to a low BF%. That often does require a bit of tweaking.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Ooohhhhhh... So that's why people always look at me like I have 2 heads!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    ....lack of iodine results in hair loss...........
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I hadnt seen this before. It was great!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    Heh, that's pretty funny. My husband showed me this tonight and I couldn't help but giggle because he's told me many times in the past that the forums are very cult-like. Generally speaking I don't post, but I figured I should say something:

If you can eat it, eat it. If you can't eat it, don't eat it.

My husband can't handle dairy, but you'd be bleeding on the floor if you tried to take away my cheese. He can't eat dairy so he doesn't, and I can eat dairy so I do. People should really follow that logic instead of the craziness surrounding things like the supposed perfect O3:O6 ratio, and avoiding nightshades and blah-de-fuckin'-blah. Do what makes you feel good, and don't try to fix what isn't broken. It's extremely easy to be led astray by what you think might be wrong with you or the food you're eating.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It also helps to remember that the posts we see here are a sort of concentrated essence of our beliefs. So, when I say I avoid nightshades - it doesn't mean I never eat them. It means I figured out they're bad for me, so I'll consider them a cheat and only eat them occasionally. Same for anything. I probably eat something not paleo once a week on average. Small piece of pizza, tiny piece of candy, maybe half of a free cookie or something. It's not going to kill me. Living on that stuff was killing me, but a few bites now and then are just fodder in the fire of health.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast