Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your opinion on the Okinawa Diet? page 2

sandokan2112 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    they have the longest life expectancies.... why? b/c they eat spam, mmmmm

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Well, my wife is from literally the last southern town on the major Japanese island of Kyushu, next stop Okinawa, and a lot of the cuisine and customs are pretty similar. Compared to the standard Japanese diet, Okinawans eat tons of fatty awesome pork, loads of sweet potatoes and other weird root veggies, few wheat products, and lots of veggies. They eat less rice and fewer noodles. It's actually pretty awesome food.

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Well, my wife is from literally the last southern town on the major Japanese island of Kyushu, next stop Okinawa, and a lot of the cuisine and customs are pretty similar. Compared to the standard Japanese diet, Okinawans eat tons of fatty awesome pork, loads of sweet potatoes and other weird root veggies, few wheat products, and lots of veggies. They eat less rice and fewer noodles. It's actually pretty awesome food.
    Perhaps that's what they eat now, but is that what they ate when they were studied and attained an extraordinary life expectancy?

sunsis is offline Member
    Sounds close to me from everything I've read about their old dietary habits.

They also walk A LOT. Exercise is a huge thing there. Nobody drove to visit friends, or to go to the markets. They walked everywhere. Granted everything is probably a lot closer too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12