Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody have a bout of diarrhea when starting?

anybody have a bout of diarrhea when starting?

Shop Now
    about 5 days in going primal everything is going swell and i wake up this moring and have diarrhea twice now my stomache feels quesy....could it be still getting used to the diet or totally unrelated. i never have diarrhea unless i have a stomach virus so this is my i feel alarmed a little.

Are you eating enough vegetables? Some people make the mistake of thinking that "primal = eat only meat"... Too much protein and not enough healthy carbs can cause diarrhea... Remember that nonstarchy veggies are at the base of the primal food pyramind, and should constitute the majority of what you eat.

Psyllium seed husks can bulk up the stool.

Are you cooking the meat right?

I haven't had those issues.

Taking fish oil?

I had that problem. I don't know what caused it but it passed. It felt like I was getting rid of years of sickness at the time.

Otherwise, overconsumption of fat, particularly, coconut can also have that effect.

This did happen to me, but it passed

had the same thing.. it went away.

It almost seemed when I was shedding weight fast is when I had it.. could just be coincidence not sure. Now that I have stabilized and I am at my goal weight I notice it doesn't happen ever at all. For a few weeks though it was happening every other day or so.

Shop Now
    It happened to my boyfriend. He freaked out and started eating grains again, figuring the diarrhea was his body's way of telling him that it was rejecting Primal. *sigh*