Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My muscles dont get as sore. page

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member

My muscles dont get as sore.

Before going primal every time I worked out something on my body was sore. Even if it was something Ive done for years. I even got sore doing yoga which I have practiced for 4 years. Now I can lift really heavy weights and Im barely sore if sore at all. I can work the heck outta my legs and before I wouldnt be able to sit or move but now Im fine. Is this normal? Is this happening to anyone else?

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Yup I am pretty much the same. I recover FAR faster than before. Sometimes I get a bit of pain on rest days as I'm not doing anything. Sometimes I my limbs feel tired more than sore.

I guess eating right aids recovery far quicker. As it should if your eating enough protein to aid repair and theres that much good stuff coming from the veggies.

What are you eating PWO?

I'm too lazy to cook veggies so I usually just eat a piece of fatty meat after a workout. I get most carbs from dark chocolate

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Not getting sore just means you have adapted to you're current level of exertion.
    Without knowing what your workout entails or what your goals are, it's hard to suggest a way to ramp it up, but I'll give you a example from my own training.
    I thought I was starting to stagnate in the squat a little.
    So I took my 10 rep max and ground out 20. I had to finish it in rest pause fashion, but I got my 20.

Try something like this and trust me, you'll be plenty sore.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Dave (to a point) but the body needs plenty of protein and saturated fat to repair injured tissue. It is likely that when eating SAD, you did not have enough of the proper nutrients to recover.

SunshynLady is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Hawaii View Post
    Before going primal every time I worked out something on my body was sore. Even if it was something Ive done for years. I even got sore doing yoga which I have practiced for 4 years. Now I can lift really heavy weights and Im barely sore if sore at all. I can work the heck outta my legs and before I wouldnt be able to sit or move but now Im fine. Is this normal? Is this happening to anyone else?
    I noticed this too! I thought I wasn't lifting heavy enough, but I definitely feel the burn during my workout. I started concentrating on my arms more and definitely lift heavier, but my recovery time is extremely fast and I don't feel sore the next day or two days after I lift. Pre-primal, the soreness would kick in usually 2 days after where I can barely extend my arms because my biceps were killing. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's recovery time is faster.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Mizz Hawaii...I posted something similar to this a few weeks ago. I have noticed the EXACT same thing on PB. I have worked out for 28 years of my life....so I know the soreness from breaking down the muscle or muscle groups from a workout. I also know the feeling of stagnation, when your body get used to your workout and I apply muscle confusion principles in almost every workout.

I have to say honestly,my recovery post workout on PB is phenomenal. I may have some soreness in the worked muscle/muscle groups the day after...but it is NOTHING like I felt while eating CW. I have been consistently getting three workouts in inside of a week each week....and my workouts are EXTREMELY INTENSE. Heavy weight....a high number of sets (~15) per body part and maybe 30 seconds rest in between sets. I am in and out of the gym in 60 minutes from start to finish. So, I know I am pushing myself HARD.

And since going Paleo/PB...I am itching to get back into the gym for my next workout when I have my days off in between. By the time the next workout roles around... my energy level is through the roof. And it carries into my workout.

I dont know...I have never felt this way before. And it is addicting! I dont EVER want it to change. I am stronger in my workouts and I recover faster in between them. What is not to like??
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    I have never felt this way before. And it is addicting! I dont EVER want it to change. I am stronger in my workouts and I recover faster in between them. What is not to like??
    Amen bro, I feel the exact same way. Stronger than my old, meat-head self by FAR. And I spend WAY less money on food than I used to on suppliments.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_o View Post
    Not getting sore just means you have adapted to you're current level of exertion.
    Without knowing what your workout entails or what your goals are, it's hard to suggest a way to ramp it up, but I'll give you a example from my own training.
    I thought I was starting to stagnate in the squat a little.
    So I took my 10 rep max and ground out 20. I had to finish it in rest pause fashion, but I got my 20.

Try something like this and trust me, you'll be plenty sore.
    I have to agree with this. I am a workout junkie and I don't think I have taken a single week off from working out for over 10 years. I still get sore. When I don't get sore it is usually because I have plateau'd on a workout and I need to switch things up by either doing a different workout or adding more resistance or reps. No matter how many track sprint sessions I do, hill sprints, or full court basketball games I play, I always get sore after because I am always putting max effort into it. But you are right in the sense that recovery is much better than on a crappy processed food diet.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My workouts are never the same and I have been lifting heavier lately trying to get sore. I just joined a gym the end of december and its been a year since I last worked out at a gym before that. I do squats, lunges, leg presses, leg curls, deadlifts and I get a lil sore but I feel like I could go again the next day no problem. I leg press almost 200lbs and I just started lifting heavy a couple weeks ago. I usually keep my reps between 12-15 depends on the weight Im lifting. Sometimes it hard because my legs can lift more than my upper body is comfortable carrying. Sometimes I look at the clock and realize I been at the gym for two hours and I can keep going. One day I walked over an hour, than gym 2 hours than yoga that night 1.5 hour. Im lucky my gym has ocean views and its in downtown waikiki so its easy to hangout for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast