Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Success! But I need lunch ideas.. page

karatemomx4 is offline Junior Member

Success! But I need lunch ideas..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all..
    My hubby has started eating Primal and has has great success so far! He's lost 6 lbs. in a week and is really enjoying the variety of delicious foods he can eat. Bu we are in need of some lunch ideas. He works from home right now, so he has access to a stove, grill, and oven. Can you post some ideas for quick lunches?
    Thanks so much!
    Tara

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Salads are my go to lunch. There are so many different combinations for salads that you can go with as well. Nothing like a BAS for lunch!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

LowCarbPrincess is offline Junior Member
    +1 - I do salads for lunch at work. I cook up some meat the day before and then serve with vegies and a healthy dressing.
    Visit my blog @ http://lowcarb.amethystangel.net - I am the Low Carb Princess

Currently madly in love with my Vitamix...

Tegan is offline Junior Member
    I pack my hubbies lunch (and we are very new at this) and his breakfast too. This is what I pack each night. (Roughly)

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (4) with meat (bacon, sausage, pancetta, etc..) and a small grapefruit
    Morning Snack: Apple or celery with raw almond butter
    Lunch: BAS, base of mixed fresh greens, meat o' the day (what ever looks good) and assorted veggies, with a little cheese.
    Afternoon snack: Bag of Trader Joe's trail mix (nuts and a small amount of dried fruit)

This man eat like a hobbit I swear! I've also thrown some left over chicken thighs in his lunch before and just made the salad smaller with no meat in it.

pamelafox is offline Junior Member
    I make a lot of salads for lunch, largely based on recipes posted here.

Today I made a salmon salad that only takes about 15 minutes total - definitely recommend it:
    Crispy Salmon Salad with Coconut Curry Dressing

The bacon, chicken and avo salad is also scrumptious but requires more prep:
    Bacon, Chicken, and Avocado Salad
    (Will last two days though)

Open up this page and CTRL+F for "salad" for more ideas:
    Primal Blueprint Recipes on Mark’s Daily Apple | Mark's Daily Apple

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelafox View Post
    The bacon, chicken and avo salad is also scrumptious but requires more prep:
    Bacon, Chicken, and Avocado Salad
    (Will last two days though)
    Sweet mother, that looks delish. Bookmarked it.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I work from home too...My lunches are typically leftovers or eggs cooked in coconut oil over a big salad or chicken breast seasoned with whatever spices, pan cooked in coconut oil and then a side of veggies tossed with butter and/or coconut oil. I keep some frozen veggies on hand (the ones in the steamer bags). I also keep avocados in the house...they go nicely with chicken as well.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    ditto on salad! I also make a lot of the dressings posted here. The bacon fat with mashed egg is fabulous! I also work from home.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I personally prefer a hot lunch, so I do a lot of spiced ground meat over kale or something similar.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I nearly always have leftovers for lunch, and / or whatever I've got in the house. When I was losing weight and working from home, most commonly I'd just eat a huge brunch around noon and call it good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast