Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel bad bad BAD... help? page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

I feel bad bad BAD... help?

Shop Now
    I feel sick right now. I mean like all out heart-fluttering chest-tight short-of-breath cinnamon-roll sugar-rush sick.

This feels like a SUGAR RUSH.

I began feeling this way when I ate at a local restaurant. I hardly ever EVER eat out, but was meeting with some out of town friends and-- oh that is beside the point. I love Ceviche and ordered it. I had a few bites of salsa (no chips, dur) and a few bites of my ceviche when I just instantly began feeling like this. I thought-- though-- if it had sugar in it, shouldn't it be a more delayed reaction? Like... WTF could make me feel like this within a few bites?! I'm used to lime / lemon juice ceviche... maybe it was orange juice? Even then, with only having eaten a few ounces of ceviche, how much orange-juice sugar could I have eaten? I sent it back when I felt something wasn't right (I hate sending stuff back). They were understanding and good and gave me no issues-- its a very respectable little place with local, fresh ingredients... but...

WTF coulda happened?!

PS-- I called the restaurant and the manager said she'd gladly call me back with the ingredients of those two items plus anything else I wondered about, but I'm thinking they were in a Saturday rush (I understand) so I'll have to wait to find out.
    Little Saiyan

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Could you have a bit of food poisoning?

flgatorfan is offline Junior Member
    The speed of the reaction makes me think allergy of some kind.

I don't feel like there was anything wrong with the fish and I don't have that stomach-issue food poisoning thing. I had the same thought, fl.. g.. flgatorfan.. Ah, Florida Gator Fan. Sometimes screennames are hard when your mind tries to say them! It feels just like sugar rush. I still feel bad. Afterward, I ate cheese, a hardboiled egg, some nuts-- I think my body was drawn to protein and fat sort of like a dog with a stomachache is just compelled to eat grass. Sigh. I don't know.

Little Saiyan

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like an allergic reaction to me, too. Maybe ride it out and see how you feel in 24 hours? Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Thanks. I thought about skipping dinner but I think i'll have a good salad.
    Little Saiyan

Pitter is offline Member
    do you think they maybe use MSG in their seasoning?

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Yeh I agree it could be an allergy.

No MSG. She said the ceviche had oranges and ketchup in it... we were both surprised at the ketchup. I figure it had HFCS in it... but how much could I have really eaten? The world may never know...

last time I felt like that, now that i think about it, was when I ate a 'orange juice sweetened' cranberry salad like two years ago at thanksgiving (pre-primal) and it made me feel like crap. However, when I eat the odd orange, it doesn't make me sick. Just the orange juice...???

Little Saiyan

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Could you rule out the possibility you might have had some sort of anxiety/panic attack because of the food? I know Michael Pollen talks about this type of disorder where people get really obsessed with their food that it causes bouts of anxiety and full blown panic attacks. I know a few times when I have eaten out I felt pretty crappy when I questioned whether the fish or chicken they cooked might have been battered in flour. (I have gluten sensitivities)
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast