Thread: How to cook courgette noodles page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

How to cook courgette noodles

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I've managed to prepare some convincing courgette/zuchini noodles, what I did was use a potato peeler and peeled 2 pieces, and I have a plateful of courgettee peel, but they do look noodley! They're quite thin so i'm wondering how I Should go about cooking them without them mushing up in the pan.

I have left them in the fridge open on a plate, and I have about 4-5 more hours before I cook them, so they should be drying out. I am hoping they will not turn to mush, also what are some good things to complement them to those who have cookd before?

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I usually toss the raw squash with some sea salt and let it sit in a colander over a bowl in the fridge for a while to allow more of the water to be removed. Here is a recipe I do regularly that is always good with plenty of room for modification: http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/2...with-zucchini/
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    If they are paper thin I think I'd be inclined to use them raw and pour piping hot sauce over them.

I make my zucchini noodles with the julienne/shoestring potato blade on my mandolin. They come out about 3/16". I sautee these until just tender.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I just got a mandolin and am making my first zucchini noodles today. Excited/scared.

The recipe is called Stir-Fried Pork, Snow Peas, and [Rice] Noodles.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates