Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upset tummy page

justjoey is offline Junior Member

upset tummy

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating paleo for 2 weeks now. Typical day-breakfast 2 eggs w/onions, and veggie, 2 strips bacon, and 2 cup coffee. lunch-either salad or veggies with leftover meat from dinner, apple w/peanutbutter. snack handfull of raw cashews w/dried cranberries. Dinner-veggie or salad with chicken, beef, or fish. I drink water thorughout the day at with each meal.
    I've had 2 days that after I eat I have an upset tummy. Feels like i have to make a quick stop to the potty but able to hold it together, just feel terrible. What could be causing this? i've had several people voicing their concerns of the amount of protien eaten and the reduction of carbs. I got a little nervous and didn't want to be doing any harm to my body. Anyone else have this issue?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    2 eggs w/onions, and veggie, 2 strips bacon, and 2 cup coffee
    either salad or veggies with leftover meat from dinner, apple w/peanutbutter
    handfull of raw cashews w/dried cranberries
    veggie or salad with chicken, beef, or fish
    It doesn't look like too much protein to me. I think you may need some more fat. The peanut butter and cashews aren't primal and could pose a problem. The dried cranberries likely contain added sugar and they typically use a cheap oil with them as well. I'd check the ingredients list.

From the tracking days I eat about 90-110g of protein a day.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I would guess either eggs or nuts. Are you eating any coconut oil or taking any new supplements? Either of those can cause issues for some people in the beginning.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    For me it is any time I up my fat intake too much. Even after 2 months I still cant have too much fat and coconut oil really really makes me ill.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the peanut butter. Legumes are terrible for you. Good luck.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking fish oil? The recommended doses send me straight to the toilet for an explosive bout...

jackgreen is offline Junior Member
    coffee. raw cashews, dried cranberries are man-made stomach destroyers. & a raw apple will make you a little queasy.

it's all about the sugar baby, and the god forbid, caffiene. gotta reduce that shit, slowly of course, and when your body can adapt to low sugar intake of course.

for sure, these are the things causing you to have an upset stomach. For sure, for sure.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I think it might be the coffee as well. If I have more than a cup a day it really wreaks havoc on my digestion. It might be too acidic. I know too much coffee can lead to GERD as well. Do you have any cream/dairy with your coffee? If so that can also cause major disruption to your digestion.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I think it might be the coffee as well. If I have more than a cup a day it really wreaks havoc on my digestion. It might be too acidic. I know too much coffee can lead to GERD as well. Do you have any cream/dairy with your coffee? If so that can also cause major disruption to your digestion.
    Damn! I've just had a mug of coffee with cream - a rare treat - I didn't know it had nasty side effects!

jjones is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Damn! I've just had a mug of coffee with cream - a rare treat - I didn't know it had nasty side effects!
    Dude, if you're not experiencing any nasty side effects then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast