Thread: HELP NEEDED: Looking To Buy A Food Processor page

Armstrong is offline Junior Member

Exclamation HELP NEEDED: Looking To Buy A Food Processor

Primal Fuel
    I was browsing some of the recipes and seen a lot that uses food processors and getting one has been something my wife and I have been talking about for a while.

I need help from all my fellow groks on what is a good food processor. If we are going to invest some money into one I want to get one that will handle all that I need.

Can anyone give me suggestions? It'd be greatly appreciated!
    Weight Recorded on January 24 2011 - 350 lbs
    Current Weight 336 lbs

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I'm partial to KitchenAid. I have the 12 cup and that comes with an insert with a 4 cup bowl. Large and small jobs. Works great. I also have their Artisan stand mixer.

Normally in Canada it runs for 339.00 and I got it on sale for 199.00. Of course prices are much cheaper in the US. You get what you pay for here. It will be with you for years.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I bought this one in December. Someone around here recommended a similar model and i got this one because it seemed to have a wider "mouth" and more capacity. It has worked well for everything I've used it for. I almost bought a Cuisinart at Costco but was convinced by the poster to buy this one and do not regret it. I save a lot of money. And, it's on sale now, so it will leave more money for grass fed beef
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I have this one... by Black & Decker

I thought I should spend a lot on a food processor for it to be of good quality... not true! I love this one. The one shat posted looks good, too.

freethinkingcavewoman is offline Senior Member
    I got this Hamilton Beach one http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEUQ8gIwAw# at a garage sale for $1. I have beaten that thing to death, and it keeps going like a champ!

O_O
    This is a better description:

KitchenAid KFP750 12 Cups Food Processor
    With its powerful 700-watt motor, this convenient food processor quickly and easily slices, dices, chops, and purees, helping to reduce prep time in the kitchen. Its durable sealed housing creates a sound barrier for quiet operation, while pulse control provides precision results when a light touch is needed. The food processor features a large 12-cup-capacity work bowl, dual feed tubes, and a premium-quality multipurpose stainless-steel blade. Its seven-piece accessory set includes a 4-cup mini bowl with a stainless-steel blade, a 2-mm slicing disc, and a 4-mm slicing disc, as well as a 4-mm shredding disc, dough blade, and spatula. The included storage case helps protect and keep the accessories organized. For added convenience, the base of the appliance wipes clean easily, and the bowls, blades, and discs are dishwasher-safe.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    I bought this one in December. Someone around here recommended a similar model and i got this one because it seemed to have a wider "mouth" and more capacity. It has worked well for everything I've used it for. I almost bought a Cuisinart at Costco but was convinced by the poster to buy this one and do not regret it. I save a lot of money. And, it's on sale now, so it will leave more money for grass fed beef
    I have the same one and it works pretty good for what I need it to do. Like an idiot I threw the blade away by accident and am looking all over for a replacement with no luck.

bix
    bix is offline Senior Member
    my mom got a new cuisinart and gave me her old one - it has to be at least 20 years old and still is a fierce beastly little thing.
    it has lots of different blades and it works great for me. its a DLC-10 plus. mom bought a DLC-8S. i have a little cuisinart "mini chopper" but that was a huge waste of money, it doesnt have much power at all... go for the real thing, especially if you can find a used one cheap.

O_O
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a mini Cuisinart before I bought my KitchenAid. It was great for fauxtatoes and chopping the eggs for egg salad. That was all I pretty well used it for.