Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed page

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member

Disappointed

Shop Now
    Well, again, tried to have the discussion with the wife about PB lifestyle vs CW dieting (she is doing a form of weight watchers and has lost 10 lbs). And I went nowhere. She refuses to see any logic or hear any of my arguments. Basically, the more I try...the worse it gets.

I give up. We are resigned to her continuing on her "diet" and me enjoying my new lifestyle.

And, according to her, PB is a "cult".

really?

Any other members out there with similar situations?
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Get her to go in for a body fat dunk test with you. in 90 days go back and see how much of the weight you each lose is fat and how much is muscle. CW will lose that battle every time.

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I'm so exhausted from it I don't even have the heart to commiserate with a full story .

My Mum freaked out after seeing my stomach and watching me work out today. Says I've never looked better. So that's one compliment for every million times she's commented on me "starving myself" via IF.

Just stay strong. Avoid the cravings. The more she sees your success and how happy you are the stronger your standpoint becomes.

PS - about that - don't even bother arguing after a while. You're doing what you want to do with your body. It's a bitch to cook separate meals and be reminded of your "weird new lifestyle", but take a deep breath and take the comments and roadblocks with a smile

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Is there anything you can do to reassure her that you're not killing yourself? She is your wife, so (presumably) she loves you and wants what's best for you.

As it happens, you also love yourself and want what's best for yourself. You might be able to meet her halfway on that one.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Pick your battles. At this point, this is not one you can win. Let her do her Weight Watchers. The only thing you can do is steer her more towards "filling foods" if they still use that term in WW. They are somewhat healthier than the frankenfoods WW puts out under their brand!

She will probably come around when you keep dropping weight and feeling healthier...all while eating BACON!!!

Carrie

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I've been Primal for three weeks and my husband just now noticed that I'm not eating rice, potatoes, sugar, etc. I told him what I was doing and showed him The Unconquerable Dave page. He was really impressed (how could you NOT be!) and said he'd try it too except that he couldn't give up bread, tortillas, chips, Pepsi or sugar.

Ooooookay ...

He won't drink water, not a drop. It has to be soda or fruit juice or hot chocolate. A little coffee with his sugar in the morning and he puts sugar on Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. He's always tired, has daily headaches and IMO is clinically depressed. (Won't go to the Dr. to find out) So I'm just doing my thing, losing weight and feeling better than I have in 30 years and crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe, he might get something resembling a clue.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all for the advice.But let me add the rest of the story. A few weeks after I started PB I was researching everything online and I sent her some articles describing how refined sugar carbs, grains, processed foods etc are horrible for us. And I really tried to tell her I was worried about her eating that food for the rest of her life (i.e. I used my mother in law as an example of what that lifestyle leads to...she is ~250lbs and in extremely poor physical health with high blood pressure and nearly diabetic). I realize now this was a BIG mistake...as all she hears from me now, no matter how much progress I make and how easy things are for me comparatively, is that she is stupid and her "diet" is wrong.

So, now, when the subject comes up...as it does periodically as she sees me typing away on the laptop...she says Im in a cult and she will never quit her way of dieting. I even showed her some pics of people on here who have completely reshaped themselves...and still no impact.

The thing that bothers me the most is as I get more and more involved in PB and get closer to my goal...I cant share any of it with her. We have agreed to not talk to or about it to each other.

Fantastic.
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    My gf is receptive to the message and doesn't fight it but still won't drop cereals lol.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Discussing one's nutrition intake, diet, lifestyle or whatever they call it rarely works. I can show you this study you can show me that study. The news says. The doctor says. The diet book or magazine says. The excellent health and bloodwork say.

I visited family but didn't eat any of their food. Ewww... They said I ate too much but I was lean and fit. They hardly eat and mostly what they eat is processed crap and are well chubby. So dad watched, listened and slowly learned. Now a couple of years later he has his wife reading food labels thus drastically reducing sugar and flour, gave up diet soda forcing him shortly there after to drink water due to excessive thirst and nothing else to drink! He is using a little coconut oil. Still a long way to go. Tried but couldn't get him to do the Whole30 with me. Too many excuses to not eat real food. I think is other half is the real problem. Ah a work in progress.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast