Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~ Mystic ~ page

mystic is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal ~ Mystic Warrior ~

Shop Now
    I have been playing around with "Going against the grain" and IF over the last couple of months and now I think it is time to commit to 30 days or more to a paleo/primal challenge. I'm not as pure as the primal30 rules lay out. I like to weigh (126.4) and I can't function without 2-3 drinks per night. I think if I can keep it to under 3 drinks a night for 30 days then that is an achievment in itself. I'm allowing 1-2 cups coffee per day with a dash whole milk. I drink tea but will not use any sugar for the next 30 days. I'm allowing Stevia in my tea.

Food will be fresh fruit, veg, meat, fish, eggs.

No cans or frozen if I can help it.

I'm going to limit nuts until I lose a few pounds and try get flaxseeds in everyday. I come from a rawfood background since 2006. I've lost over 80 pounds since I started dieting in 2002. The last couple of years I've noticed joint pain and it's happened every time I've gone 100% vegan. I don't want to end up with arthritis so I am switching to this way of eating to see if I can reach a higher level of health and fitness. Since cutting out grains and doing a weekly fast the joint pain has dissapeared. Now I just have to make sure it stays that way. I used to be a chronic cardio bunny. Walking 1-2 hours per day. The last few months I've rested and walked 30-40 mins 2-3 times per week. My hips are very gratefull.
    Last edited by mystic; 02-26-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck with the 30 day thing!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jermert is offline Member
    Welcome Mystic, best of luck to you on reaching your goals!

Thanks! So far I've had a great start. Not yet been a day but hey I'm motivated and feeling great.

Cross country walk 50 mins

Breakfast : 3 eggs
    Lunch : Grapes and 70 gm fish
    Snack: Apple
    Snack: Egg
    Dinner: Oven roasted vegtables
    Drink: 1.3 Units Alcohol
    Snack 1 Tsp flaxseeds

Calorie Est 1400-1600 Total
    Exercise Cals Est 200
    Last edited by mystic; 02-26-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Yesterday went really well. Today is a rest day and I slept in and got my sleep after a shakey start of getting woken at 6am by my 3 yr old daughter. The plan today is a 24 hour IF. Only 8 hours to go so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably go food shopping later so will have to think up some primal ideas. I want to get the kids eating this way as it doesn't make much sense to feed them poisonness foods now I know how bad they are. On a selfish lvl it keeps me on track not having processed carbs around.

I did my fast and had one hour of eating. I could of kept going but I didn't so am glad about that. I made a meatloaf for the first time and my son and husband both said they want it again! I usually never cook but I'm thinking I will alot more eating this way. Raw food usuasally doesn't need alot of cooking but since I'm not into raw meat then the family gets a treat. They have been fending for themselves for years so I think they really like a home cooked meal for a change.

Shopping didn't go as well as I planned. I got sucked into the 1$ specials for family lunches. Spag in sauce, baked beans, pasta. I have alot of bills to pay and have got to feed the family for less for the next couple of weeks. At least I got some mince and gourmet sosauges for paleo dinners. I got a dozen eggs but am thinking I must get some bacon as everyone around here seems to rave about it. Doesn't the salt cause water retention?

I can't make up my mind weather to IF today or not. I expect I'll have some eggs and do the 24 hour IF again tomorrow.

Weight this morning 125.4

jeng1921 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mystic! Good for you for taking up the challenge! I know what you mean with the joint pain - I feel that grains tend to be a cause for me.

Hi Jen, thx for the comment. Im sure grains are bad for me. I am struggling with going without 100% but I wont give up trying.
    Yesterday I did a 28 hour IF and had great energy. I made poor choices in the evening so am determined to keep at it. Today I had grapes and mince patties, 2 eggs for dinner with a green salad. I went for a 50 minute hike. I have had some bad snacks as well. 200 cals worth but I have gone alcohol free so I'm very pleased as I really struggle with that one. Im sure with more planning I can get better at this 80/20 isnt enough, Id like to see myself at 90/10 or better.

17 hours fasted currently I'm tempted to keep going and have sosauges and eggs tonight. I dont have many veges in the house but have broccili onion and green beans. Plenty for a primal dinner.

Weight this morning 126.6

More then Im happy with but I feel leaner with a flat stomache.

I've a tendency to overdo the meat whenever I lower my carbs and this last week has been no exception. So Im going to focus more on vegtables , fruit and then meat just several times per week. If I Was eating fish it wouldn't be so bad. I can't afford fish everyday so I'm going to fill up on veges and splurge on nice fish twice weekly.
    I feel a bit tired and run down today. Prehaps the dreaded carb flu? Weight this morning 127. Not happy I can gain eating under 1800 per day. Today Ive fasted then had and apple, grapes and 2.5 plain potatoes. 1000 cals.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast