Thread: The Spartan Race ? page

Patrick is offline Senior Member

The Spartan Race ?

Shop Now
    Anyone heard of the Spartan Race? If so, anyone done it, and which version did you do?

It's coming to Ottawa on July 3, and I'm seriously considering the Super Spartan version (8+ miles). If anyone has any advice or can fill me in on what it's like, please do! Also, if you're in the Ottawa area and interested, let me know. Maybe we could set up an unofficial charity kinda thing for CHEO or whatever and raise some money collectively while entering separately (I don't think they do groups... or do they?).
    Last edited by Patrick; 02-27-2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: July, not June
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    Hey Patrick, with any luck I should be at the Ottawa one as well! Should be fun times and a great day out as well. I've never done one but it looks like a great time and should be a ton of fun with friends!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    The warrior dash... The Tough Mudder.. The Spartan Race...

I think it's time for me to make a for-profit event in which people pay me to exercise and crawl in the mud.
    ad astra per aspera

Tim, let's sort it out offline -- I'll fire you a message on here with my email. If you know others in Kingston (I know a few at the Kingston CrossFit gym who might be interested), let's get 'er done!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

ciep is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It's coming to Ottawa on June 3, and I'm seriously considering the Super Spartan version (8+ miles).
    Hey Patrick, that's awesome that you want to race a Spartan! Just so you know though, you don't choose which version you want to run (on a given race day) -- there's only one to pick from. Ottawa is July 3rd (not June) and it's a sprint (3 mile).

I'm planning on doing a super in Vermont this August.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    For some reason when I saw "Spartan" I automatically thought "Spartacus" which is airing the finale tonight on Starz which I can't wiat to see. Sorry for the derailing
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i thought it might be a rivven/iniquity video situation.

and here, i was looking for something to do while ironing my husband's shirts. LOL (tassel video. i can't help it, that just killed me! LOL)

i haven't even heard of these races.

Supsurf is offline Member
    I did the "sprint" in Malibu, it was only a 5K.

The thing is that it was 5K in very steep terrain, never a flat.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i thought it might be a rivven/iniquity video situation.

and here, i was looking for something to do while ironing my husband's shirts. LOL (tassel video. i can't help it, that just killed me! LOL)
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    Hey Patrick, that's awesome that you want to race a Spartan! Just so you know though, you don't choose which version you want to run (on a given race day) -- there's only one to pick from. Ottawa is July 3rd (not June) and it's a sprint (3 mile).

I'm planning on doing a super in Vermont this August.
    Woops! You're right: July, not June. Edited.

Good to know how it works. I just found the Ottawa-specific page, based on what you were saying -- good to see registration prices and logistics, thanks!