Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HI just joined today page

HI just joined today

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi my name is David, I go by Dave. I am a (ZC)er. I am interested in finding out more about your forum. I have been a (ZC)er for a little over 8 months and I am loving it. I have lost a total of 67 pounds and it seems effortless. I was not sure how to post my avatar. Anyhow I have my own (ZC) Blog were I chronicle my daily updates. I also have a page on there where I post step by step (ZC) recipes with pictures and another page with my progress pictures.

Battle On!!!

Dave

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to MDA.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

How does a zc recipe go?

Step 1: add meat and veggies
    Step 2: remove veggies

??

Just joshing, welcome.

Thanks
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

http://zero-carb.blogspot.com/

meat smothered in meat. Ha!
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Dave, glad to have you here. I took a quick look at your blog: nice job! and your recipes look great. I have an honest question, though, as it appears you eat all animal products, meat, eggs, cheese, cream, etc., so that's not exactly zero carb. Do you have a limit to the carbs you eat on average so that, say, anything under 15 grams of carbs per day is zero carb? This is an honest question, as if I'm understanding correctly, then the only difference for me is that I also eat non-starchy veggies so I keep my carbs around 30 per day. Just wondering if eliminating 20 or so grams of carbs per day would help me out.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Hi Barefoot Paul, Thanks!

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    Hi, Dave, glad to have you here. I took a quick look at your blog: nice job! and your recipes look great. I have an honest question, though, as it appears you eat all animal products, meat, eggs, cheese, cream, etc., so that's not exactly zero carb. Do you have a limit to the carbs you eat on average so that, say, anything under 15 grams of carbs per day is zero carb? This is an honest question, as if I'm understanding correctly, then the only difference for me is that I also eat non-starchy veggies so I keep my carbs around 30 per day. Just wondering if eliminating 20 or so grams of carbs per day would help me out.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    Hi Sharon, if you look at my "Daily Menu" towards the end of each post you will see that I eat almost always Fatty Beef Brisket and drink H20. I don't know how much closer to Zero Carb I can get. I almost never eat cheese or eggs. I think I might get a few carbs from some spices. I don't even try to count the carbs in the Fatty Beef Brisket or the occasional steak I eat.

Just out of curiosity why do you think eating Fatty Beef Brisket and drinking only H20 not Zero Carb?

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicles of David View Post
    Hi Sharon, if you look at my "Daily Menu" towards the end of each post you will see that I eat almost always Fatty Beef Brisket and drink H20. I don't know how much closer to Zero Carb I can get. I almost never eat cheese or eggs. I think I might get a few carbs from some spices. I don't even try to count the carbs in the Fatty Beef Brisket or the occasional steak I eat.

Just out of curiosity why do you think eating Fatty Beef Brisket and drinking only H20 not Zero Carb?

Dave
    Oh, I totally think that eating beef and drinking water is ZC.

But on your blog you say, "A Zero Carber can eat anything in the Animal Kingdom: All meats and related products such as milk, cheese, eggs and so on. If in doubt just ask yourself is this from the animal kingdom or the plant kingdom and that should answer your question."

So, that's what I based my question on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    Oh, I totally think that eating beef and drinking water is ZC.

But on your blog you say, "A Zero Carber can eat anything in the Animal Kingdom: All meats and related products such as milk, cheese, eggs and so on. If in doubt just ask yourself is this from the animal kingdom or the plant kingdom and that should answer your question."

So, that's what I based my question on.
    Now I understand, actually the forum that I follow that started me on (ZC) preaches that mantra. In all fairness the this is the entire quote from my Zero Carb Blog: " First of All I go by Dave. I am a Zero Carber (ZC)er. Which is a way of eating (WOE). Most people have heard of Low Carb (LC) and Very Low Carb (VLC). Well this takes it a step beyond that. Zero Carb is easy and simple to me. People from all walks of life (ZC) for many reasons. Two of the most important ones are: Health related issues such as High Blood Pressure and Diabetes. Another major reason to start (ZC) is to lose weight. I started (ZC) on 6/21/10. I eat only meat and drink only water. This is the purest form of Zero Carbing. A Zero Carber can eat anything in the Animal Kingdom: All meats and related products such as milk, cheese, eggs and so on. If in doubt just ask yourself is this from the animal kingdom or the plant kingdom and that should answer your question. Battle On!!!" It is much easier to get the whole idea when you see the whole story.

I do have to thank you Sharon. Since I really follow more of a purist (ZC) regiment I probably should remove that from my Blog. I will definitely consider that and more than likely remove it. Thanks again for pointing that out to me. BTW I do plan on eating some cheese on occasion after I get down to a weight that I feel where I should be. At first I thought that a weight of 185 lbs would be good, but now I I think maybe something in the mid to high 170s. I really don't know. I will let (ZC) take me where I need to go lol!

Keep On Keeping On Sharon!!!

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast