Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HI just joined today page 3

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been very low, and water fasted, but never ate zero carb. That is quite an accomplishment. Do you get any lower GI problems like some say they do on low, low carb?
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is certainly contagious. Exactly what I needed right now, so I'm really glad you decided to come on over to MDA.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    Hi Sharon, Enthusiasm is my middle name. Hahaha!!! Thank you!! I am glad to be here. No Surrender!! No Retreat!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

http://zero-carb.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I've been very low, and water fasted, but never ate zero carb. That is quite an accomplishment. Do you get any lower GI problems like some say they do on low, low carb?
    Hi Digby, Thank you. GI problems as far as ? Well the only problems I had was in the first six weeks or so. I had what I call "tummy troubles" ...........uumm you know uh the big "D" lol. I was told this happens to those who have had their GB removed. I think it was because of the amount of fat I was eating. I also had a pain on my side where the GB was. It went away and I only occasionally get "tummy troubles" once in a blue moon. I don't think it is any more or less then when I was LC, VLC or SAD.

I hope I answered your question. Fight the Good Fight and Battle On Digby!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicles of David View Post
    Hi Digby, Thank you. GI problems as far as ? Well the only problems I had was in the first six weeks or so. I had what I call "tummy troubles" ...........uumm you know uh the big "D" lol. I was told this happens to those who have had their GB removed. I think it was because of the amount of fat I was eating. I also had a pain on my side where the GB was. It went away and I only occasionally get "tummy troubles" once in a blue moon. I don't think it is any more or less then when I was LC, VLC or SAD.
    Okay, I did have to smile a little bit about this, as I was wondering the same thing this morning after one day on zero carb. I dropped a pound overnight, and I feel fabulous this morning, but the "big D" has struck. But, I also have no gall bladder, and I'm accustomed to having bouts of this regardless of how I eat, so Immodium is my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    Okay, I did have to smile a little bit about this, as I was wondering the same thing this morning after one day on zero carb. I dropped a pound overnight, and I feel fabulous this morning, but the "big D" has struck. But, I also have no gall bladder, and I'm accustomed to having bouts of this regardless of how I eat, so Immodium is my friend.
    Hi Sharon, I think we are both smiling at that one lol! I found that I dropped 2 to 3 pounds of water weight when I started (ZC). I would, if you haven't already, reduce or eliminate salt. It seems to make me retain water. I Tell You What the "tummy troubles' were not fun. I cut back on the fat and it helped.

Today I had an all time low. Wow, the wonders of Zero Carb never cease to amaze me. For me, it has been an experience of a Lifetime. I love it. I wake up fresh and excited to start a new day free. My body, mind and soul has been given a second chance. Eight months ago I was out of control in the weight department. Drowning in my own Blubber. I would lose, then gain, then lose just to gain again. I felt as if an alligator had me in a "Death Roll". Now I am free and loving LIFE more and more each day. Yes my friend, their is certainly light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to find our WAY. Fight the Good Fight and Battle On Sharon!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by The Chronicles of David; 03-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Greetings Friends, I have been having a great time reading. I really enjoy the section on cholesterol and the" Protein" question on the HOME page. Great reads. I might be a Zero Carber, but this place is a wealth of knowledge. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Good Tidings. Today I hit an all time low on Zero Carb. I am real close to my next Mini Goal of 189 lbs. It's weird but today I have been talking about the point of time that I came to realize that I did not give SAD a second thought and that Zero Carb has become a natural way of eating (WOE) for me. It just seems one day out of no where that carbs were no more attractive to me to eat than a piece a paper or a lump of coal. I just don't look at carbs like I used to. I think it was when I reached my last Mini Goal of 199 lbs. Remember I started this Journey through Zero Carb at 260 lbs just around 8 months ago. I thought it was interesting. I can't fathom ever eating SAD again. NEVER! Have a Great Day and Keep On Keeping On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Howdy and Grok On!
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Howdy and Grok On!
    Hi Bodhi, or should I say HOWDY from the Great State of Texas lol! I tell you What: I have been a (ZC)er since 6/21/10 and now have lost at total of 69 pounds. Just as of 2/21/2011 I have lost 4 lbs. How? Uumm .... lets see... oh I think I remember ...... yes that's right I simply ate. No mystery here. Hahaha!!! Just call me Pac Man lol!!! Thanks for stopping by. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Greetings fellow Non-SADers, today I had an all time low on Zero Carb. I am 47 yrs old and I have not weight this much (or little) since the 1980s. I tried LC and VLC for years and the lowest I got was in the 220s with no cheats. I was a good little solider. I Loved VLC but at the end of the day it took only a moment of weakness and I caved into the cravings. That is the key for me and I can only speak for myself. On Zero Carb I have had Zero Cravings. I can't believe it. I just don't.

I'm the main cook in the house, BTW we are all adults at my home no little ones, anyway they all think I am crazy eating this way, so I cook the regular montage of food for them. It does not bother me or tempt me to taste or cave in to carbs what so ever. I found that really strange. I have a strong will, yet I really don't need to tap into it.

I did not know what exactly to expect when I started Zero Carb. I did not know if I could last long on it. I did not know crap. I did know that my weight was out of control and I needed to do something before I went past 300 lbs. Yes my friends I was on that road with no stopping. Last year I reached 280 lbs. So I buckled down and went VLC and brought my weight down to around 235 lbs and then I caved into cabs yet again OMG!!! What was I to do? I ballooned up to 260 lbs and there was no stopping. In desperation I planned to try VLC yet again before I went all the way back to 280 lbs and beyond. I started to look for VLC recipes on the net and came across a link to a Zero Carb forum. I read for a month and a half all the material and different journals on the forum. I tried it out on my own for a week and then applied for membership. Over there you have to fill out a questionnaire and be accepted or denied membership. I was accepted. Now it has been 81/2 months later and I am down 69.8 lbs as of today which is an all time low for me on Zero Carb.

Did I ramble? Sorry. I do love this forum and all its knowledge. It seems like a real easy going place to explore. Mark seems to be an awesome dude. In his pictures he seems to be loving life. Right now I can tell you this my Friends. I am loving Life More than ever. Stay Strong!! Live Long!! Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast